Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 168/161/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lariet, I too want to add my support. Although I am new to the board I recognize a person in need when I see one! I also wanted to say that the Carb Addicts diet mentioned above is very helpful! I think it can help you curtail some of your eating habits yet still give you what you really crave. I've learned it's too hard of a struggle for me to eat simple carbs on a regular basis (I truly am addicted) but this book was the first step toward recognizing and fixing that problem. Whatever you try I know you can do it - your reaching out for support is the first step!! You go!
LeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #18  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Have you considered a medically supervised diet? I was petrified when I heard "medically supervised" but that just means that a medical team (nurse, doc, nutritionist/dietician) monitor your bloodwork/vitals, etc. while you eat low calorie (mine was about 600-800 calories a day after factoring in exercise). It was the best thing I ever did, I wish I started it years ago.

I wanted to chime in -- although late. Because I did that too and I never thought it work work. After years.. a lifetime being fat and struggling. It worked... fast and complete. And it has been over a year and I haven't gained it back.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #20  

Please don't make comments about gastric bypass if you don't know the facts. There are several methods and some don't require changing your digestive tract, such as the band and the sleeve. Gastric bypass is a tool just like a weight loss plan.

Go to the Weight Loss Surgery tab if you want more info about it. I was nearly your weight when I started my journey - 356 pounds. I spent 2 years in theraphy with a psychiatrist to get a handle on my problems. Back then, there wasn't any option but diet and I went to Weight Watchers. At that time, early 70s, WW was more of a high protein, low carb plan. You have to find what works for you. People in our lives are well meaning, but they aren't trained professionals. Look at your journey in 10 pound (or what every number makes sense to you) increments and strive to reach that goal - and then set another goal. If you can't do much exercise now, walk as far as you can and then add another minute the next day. Google chair exercises and do some of them.

Come here for support. The Chicks and wonderful.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote