3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   So excited to be a part of this group! advice anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/281400-so-excited-part-group-advice-anyone.html)

juniper770 05-10-2013 11:01 PM

So excited to be a part of this group! advice anyone?

Hello everyone!!!
So this would be my first time ever on a forum, (or blog or whatever this is called) for anything ever. I have to say after giving it much thought about what to do about my weight, I came across this site and feel so much better about starting my weight loss journey. So a little bit about myself. I am a 25 year old Canadian woman who works in a waitress position and has tried everything in my own means to try to lose weight. I have tried low carb, I have tried exercising 2 times a day in a gym, waking, everything in my own control and have never seen more than a 2 lb fluctuation in my weight. So, i realized I was a big girl when I turned 19 going out with the girls to the bars and clubs. What their tiny figures made look gorgeous, I looked rediculous in. Since then the scale and my pant size has just increased. I believe for me, I haven't seeked out help from professionals or forums before because of embarrassment. I am currently in a healthy relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years who loves me to death and is in fact turned on by my size. The issue for me is I am uncomfortable and have low self esteem that now affects my relationships at work and with friends. I feel like if i dont go people wont point me out as the fat girl in the group. All that aside, I am ready to do something about my weight. I have been very interested in the ideal protein diet and would love to get started and dedicate myself to the program tomorrow. Unfortunately, however , I will not be able to afford it for the next little while. So I guess what I am looking for is some help finding links, as well as other experience and suggestions the great people on this website have to offer. I have been reading the links on the 3fc site for about 2 weeks now and am amazed by the support for everyone in their personal trials of weight loss. Anyone who can help lend advice to how to do the ideal protein diet on your own ( I am willing to purchase similar food items and realize it will be somewhat of a cost) I would be forever grateful! Look forward to sharing my experience and learning from others on this forum! Cheers!

Rhiko 05-12-2013 10:46 AM

:wel3fc:

I'm not on a specific diet plan but I am calorie counting (using the MyFitnessPal app), so I can't really help you with foods etc. I think the best place to start while you are sorting out your funds is to cut out most junk food and take outs. I say most because if you cut it out completely you are likely to binge. :) Also, exercising 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes helps a lot! I only do 30 minutes at a time 3-5 days a week and I have lost 20 lbs so far this year.

:goodluck:

Mozzy 05-13-2013 01:50 AM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!