Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #1  
Struggling Soul

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Red face Hey Everyone :)

I don't really go on forum websites, but I've been going through some weight issues and just need some friendly advice and people I can talk to and relate to ..

When I was 17 I was diagnosed with PCOS, and now my doctor told me its possible I might have kidney stones and I have a fatty liver at 18 (now).. I still have excessive acne among other things

I started weight watchers with my cousin and worked out 6 days out of every week for an hour eating the same exact food she ate.. I lost no weight staying at 227.4 and she lost 4 Pounds. Then the following week I went to weigh in and lost .2 pounds -_- .. I feel so discouraged.

Well I look forward to chatting to everyone
SimplyMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #2  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome!!! The only thing I can say is that what is working for your cousin might not work for you - you might want to ask your doctor to set you up with a dietician to determine what might be the best course of action...or read up up some different plans to see if one might be better suited for you than another one.

I know I've dealt with acne on and off throughout my life and it was particularly terrible when I was in high school. I will say that since I've started eating better my skin has started to look much better...it's not as oily and red as it was just a few weeks ago. I haven't even had to wear foundation to work this week which is a nice feeling. If you do have acne, you might want to see a dermatologist though....I'm not about to recommend anything over the counter as some things such as Proactive worked wonders for some of my friends and left others with terribly dried out, red, and itchy skin.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Everyone is different, I would at least give a diet two months before trying something else. Some people lose weight gradually and others in increments. And depending on your exercise you could be building muscle while losing fat which is good but can make you feel like you are not making progress.

I would take a tape measure and follow these instructions on how to measure yourself. (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1281). Do it every two to three weeks and this will give you more accurate results about your weight loss than purely relying on the scale.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #4  
Gettin' my JIGGLE Gone!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi There! I'm new to this forum, too. Looking forward to encouraging you on your way
Renniekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/200/175

Height: 5 6'

yoyogirl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote