Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/197/145

Height: 5'5

Cool Hi all!, Brand New, I live up north, freezing, would love to share/exhange tips

Hi, all. I'm brand new to this but I figure there are a lot of women in my shoes, but its hard to get a discussion started in person with people you don't know. Yet I think everyone wants support someone to say uuugh, omfg I cannot believe this, or HEY look at what I did or how are you doing etc etc... anyhow, I know I do!

After 8 years of being frustrated with the amount of effort I've put in trying to lose weight, and having doctors say I needed to exercise more, I finally found one that said... "if you're really doing all that you say you are, we NEED to run test" I was running 5-12 miles a day, biking from and to work, classes etc, and eating next to nothing, gaining 13-15lbs a year... It turns out I have PCOS...I've finally started to really see progress with weight loss, I have a normal period, and I finally feel like I can do some of the things I couldn't do before.

I am currently studying for my RN boards, and want to make sure awareness is heightened for PCOS because its terrible to be told time and again, you need to exercise more eat less, which its physically impossible to do that... I'd also like to meet more people that have been in similar circumstances and get a better idea of how their dx was made, so that I can be on the lookout for patients that may have some of the same issues. Thanks again all, I look forward to meeting and chatting with some awesome women )

-Cheers
Cassandra
NaturalChica215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Future Nurse good luck on studying for the boards !are you taking a review course?
There is a wealth of information here to help you ,just search the different forums.
Good Luck with everything , Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #4  
I Believe in me

S/C/G: 250/199/175

Height: 5'5

Welcome NaturalChica215! I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2001 at the age of 33. Now I just turned 45 things have settled down. It affected my ability to have children but I will not let control my life. When I was first diagnosed I went on medication, metformin, basically for fertility and to help with my borderline diabetes. I was on a mission to get healthy. I took losing weight head on and lost 90lbs. However, I have since gained 40lbs back and have just joined 3fc in Jan. and re-committed to live healthy. I would like to keep in touch with you through 3fc. I live in Manitoba, Canada and it is damn cold here right now too. Keep warm. a cheerleader
Heather
mrsj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #6  

Default My Intro.

Hello to all. I am Helas from UK. My hobbies are reading and playing games. Mostly i love to play cricket and like to read digest. Now a days i am doing my studies and also a doing a part time job in London. I hope i will enjoy here with all of you. Thanks.
helas is offline   Reply With Quote