3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   The Last 30 .... again ! HELP! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/274257-last-30-again-help.html)

MichaelaJane 01-26-2013 12:47 AM

The Last 30 .... again ! HELP!

Hello ...

Well, here I am again in cyberspace, surfing around about diets and calorie counting and ... I am frustrated.

I have been on a weight loss journey my whole adult. I began at 240 pounds ( I'm 5'6") 10 years ago. I made it to my goal of 130 in 2010 ... only to creep back up top 160. I am not happy. I want to change it ... and I'm committed to this. To change myself, my habits and to make it to my goal.

For this 30 pounds that have come back on, I've tried calorie counting, fasting, eating vegetarian ... nothing seems to be working. I need support. I surf through many feelings about this, mostly frustration that I have to do it again! AHHH!

It seems my metabolism has changed ... does any one experience this ? After losing a lot and then gaining some back?

So I'm open, words of encouragement, any kind of advice. I'm thinking of just adding more protein and extra workouts ... I love Kundalini Yoga, dancing and walking ... and I think sharing here will help a lot also.

So, OK here goes! Weee!!!

Bless you

Michaela

penmage 01-26-2013 01:32 AM

Welcome to 3FC!

missunshine 01-26-2013 06:46 AM

welcome :)
yes, it happened to me to and it happens to many.
i lost around 65 pounds and gained back more than half and i set myself a new goal of losing 20 pounds but i keep losing and regaining the same 10 pounds as if my body is satisfied with this current weight i'm at. sometimes i'm ok with this weight but i just need to tone my muscles.
huge problem for me is binging...that's how i regained all my weight.

i congratulate you for such a great achievement , you lost almost half of your weight and i don't think regaining 30 pounds is that bad, you could be reagining all back plus some more. maybe you should take some time of from dieting and focus on yourself, what made you gain that weight back and then just take it one day at a time. good luck ;)

tonyamartin 01-26-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelaJane (Post 4607600)
Hello ...

Well, here I am again in cyberspace, surfing around about diets and calorie counting and ... I am frustrated.

I have been on a weight loss journey my whole adult. I began at 240 pounds ( I'm 5'6") 10 years ago. I made it to my goal of 130 in 2010 ... only to creep back up top 160. I am not happy. I want to change it ... and I'm committed to this. To change myself, my habits and to make it to my goal.

For this 30 pounds that have come back on, I've tried calorie counting, fasting, eating vegetarian ... nothing seems to be working. I need support. I surf through many feelings about this, mostly frustration that I have to do it again! AHHH!

It seems my metabolism has changed ... does any one experience this ? After losing a lot and then gaining some back?

So I'm open, words of encouragement, any kind of advice. I'm thinking of just adding more protein and extra workouts ... I love Kundalini Yoga, dancing and walking ... and I think sharing here will help a lot also.

So, OK here goes! Weee!!!

Bless you

Michaela

Have you heard of "The Zone" diet? It's a balance of protein, carbs and fat through out the day. I recently figured out how it works and I started using the Zone plan. If you want more information I can give you details how it works. I've been struggling for over 14 years. I have had a life changing experience by doing CrossFit and "The Zone" diet plan. The two together have been great. I believe that "The Zone" would work great for anyone whether or not you are doing CrossFit.

MichaelaJane 01-26-2013 01:26 PM

Day 2 !

Thanks everyone for your replies,and your welcomes! The support is fantastic, just knowing that I'm not alone and others have had this struggle !!!

When I first lost weight 10 years ago I did a lot of self-examination and also used the weight loss as a spiritual journey. Loving myself and being myself fully, speaking my truth, are 100 percent crucial to making this successful, I know it!

When I got to 130, I was frankly terrified ... I think I was so shocked that I finally made it but was unable to really OWN it. I basically starved myself to keep it off ... but that didn't work or too long. I ended up binging and it took a couple years of that cycle to go up 30 pounds.

So misssunshine, when you wrote about taking some time off and focus on what exactly made me gain the wait back ... that make a lot of sense. Taking it day by day ... I like that. I will keep that in mind today as I go through my day.

And I will check out the Zone ... !

:):):):):):):):):):)

Mozzy 01-26-2013 09:11 PM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!

MichaelaJane 01-28-2013 12:32 AM

Day 3 ....

Staying really empowered. Took two 45 minute walks today, ate a balanced diet, feeling really good!

lynnkath 01-28-2013 08:53 AM

Good luck! Sounds like you are off to a good start :D

MichaelaJane 01-30-2013 04:02 PM

Alright, good start, YES. I've been doing Kundalini Yoga each day since my first post. I already notice a difference in my body. Kundalini is the vigorous of most yogas, built in cardio.
My emotional state has also been very stable since setting my intention for losing the last 30. I think the daily exercise is helping. I'm also keeping a food log, which is very helpful. Last night I went out with a girlfriend for a few beers. It was really fun, and I did not feel in the least bit tempted to chow down on her french fries after the beers! (well, i had a couple, but not my usual inhaling them) ... but i did notice that with alcohol, it is VERY easy to go over my calorie goal for the day. So I see it's best for me to just cut way back on the drinking ... two or three drinks a week is enough.