3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New and Jumping Right In! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/273394-new-jumping-right.html)

sugarfreedom 01-14-2013 01:40 PM

New and Jumping Right In!

Hi all!

My longtime boyfriend and I started on the path to a healthier life on November 1, 2012. Since November 21 (yes, it took me three weeks to actually buy a scale - ha!), I am happy to report I am down 17lbs! Mr. SF isn't into weighing himself quite yet, but I am very proud to say his 3XL shirts are much too loose these days! ;)

We started our journey after I had a health scare earlier in the fall - and, upon urging from my friendly GP, decided it was now or never.

We are currently doing a lower carb plan - lots of veggies, lean meats... and of course cheese, berries, and nuts. We both LOVE to cook, so we've had some great success with new recipes (who knew spaghetti squash was so delicious?!)

Additionally, from 2004-2006, I lost 100lbs - unfortunately, as you all know, life sometimes takes its toll and I gained it all (and then some) back. Very unfortunate! That said, this round is much less about vanity and MUCH more about our health!

About me: I love coffee, a good book, blogging, and spending way too much time online.

Looking forward to meeting some great people here! But, believe it or not... this is my first time on a forum... so it may take me a while to get the hang of it! :)

elvislover324 01-14-2013 01:45 PM

Welcome sugarfreedom!! Good work on making changes so far, it's so much easier to do it with someone so supportive and with the same goals.

Post here often, 3FC changed my life and I'd be lost without this site.

I check out the "new posts" tab and read about all the forums, not just the ones that apply to me. Everyone is really nice and helpful, nevermind so knowledgable and supportive!

Hope you enjoy it here!

curleycarr 01-14-2013 02:41 PM

Well with such a fab name like sugarfreedom how can you NOT succeed ....
Can relate to soooo much of your intro....I'm a newbiee too. All the V BEST!

elvislover324 01-14-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curleycarr (Post 4590003)
Well with such a fab name like sugarfreedom how can you NOT succeed ....
Can relate to soooo much of your intro....I'm a newbiee too. All the V BEST!

Lol curleycarr, my name would have been too long if it was food related....

pizzachipsbrownieschinesefoodpastameatballscakefre edom.

Welcome to you too curley. :)

penmage 01-14-2013 04:55 PM

Welcome to 3FC!

Babybat 01-14-2013 05:00 PM

Welcome to 3fc!
Congrats on the first 17lbs! :)
I wish you and your bf tons of luck on your journey.

Mozzy 01-14-2013 08:12 PM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!

WeightLoser01 01-14-2013 08:39 PM

Welcome and best of luck on your journey!!

Kaitie9399 01-14-2013 09:17 PM

Welcome! Wahoo for 17 pounds gone forever!

Misti in Seattle 01-15-2013 09:29 AM

:welcome: I too check out the New Posts tab and "Today's Posts" under Thread Tools.