Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hopefully for the last time!

I am new here! I have been dieting since I was 13. I have probably lost a combined 300 lbs since then...but I am at my highest ever. I am not entirely sure how much I weigh and don't want to know. I know I am over 245, maybe 260. I have always mostly been ok with myself. My weight never really posed a problem for me. I could move, do what I wanted, didn't slow me down. I dated and married my husband during my old heaviest record (227). During a year before my wedding, I lost 60 lbs, getting down to 170 (I'm 5'3). However, I sabotaged myself. All I could think of was now nasty my stomach looked and how it was going to be nasty once I lost the weight and it'd sag. How the last 35 lbs seemed impossible. Anyway, I just started eating horribly. Gained back up to 227, got sick of it. Lost some. Started not to care, gained it back. Stayed for a while. About two years ago I decided that I was going to be diabetic if I didn't stop, so I got the book my dad had been reading called The Metabolism Miracle. For about three months I did the 1200 cal/low fat thing and lost 15 lbs. Did this program and lost 15 lbs. Got to the second step and just lost control. Got back up to 220, started again...and again....and again....to no avail. I did it again for the full 8 weeks (almost no carbs), lost the 15 lbs, LOST CONTROL AGAIN! I am now 260ish lbs (50 lbs gained in less than a year) and I'm feeling it for the first time in my life. My weight is in my way and its sad. To make it worse, I didn't exercise much during both step ones of the MM, so I have lost much muscle mass, so things in general are harder.

ANYWAY, I know I've written a lot for someone who hasn't accomplished anything yet, but it's the first time I've really admitted all this to myself. I love reading the goals.

My plan is simple. Eat like a diabetic. Not so much the strict schedule of it, but cutting out straight up sugars, breads (Trader Joes makes a low carb, sprouted grain bread by the way and its great!), pastas, etc. Upping the vegetables. I'm not going to count a thing. I'm basically taking out all the things that sucked from old diets and adding in my knowledge of whole food. My theory being that if I give my body what it needs, it will run like it should. The exercise...whenever I start to diet, I jump on exercise like its cake. I over do it and by the end if the first week, I can't walk and I never am able to create a habit. So I will walk while at work and I will walk in the evenings. I will up it as I go, but that's where I am starting.

Thanks for reading!
Kjlacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Kjlacky!! I can totally empathize with your story... But hopefully this will be the permanent change for both of us! Good luck!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 66"

Welcome to the health train. Woo woo!
eclecticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/257/180

Height: 6'0

Good luck to you! Weight loss, in my experience, is never easy. Keep your chin up.
trabo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Luck to you on your journey. You mentioned that you believe your muscle mass has decreased over the years. Perhaps you should get in some strength training to build them up. Before this time around, I used to overdue it on the cardio and I would totally give up because I would completely exhaust myself. But now I devote at least 2 days a week to strength training with either free weights or nautilus equipment. This keeps me from overdoing the cardio, because I don't run (or do *any* cardio for more than 25 minutes) on those days.

And since we definitely operated in the same way, I would suggest you go over your plan again to see if it's too aggressive. I don't meant to discourage you in any way, but they say it takes 3 weeks for something to become a habit. If you overdue it (even on the dieting part) you may not give your body, or your mind, a chance to really adjust to the new you.

Never give up!!
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote