Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #1  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Default ok, here goes nothing...

hey all, I, too, have been lurking a lil' bit and reading posts. I am 42 years old and have about 15 pounds to lose, which I know doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference to me and the way my clothes fit! I wear a size 10, but at the moment everything is just a little bit too snug, enough that it makes me uncomfortable and I feel like it looks terrible. I would really like to get back in to a size 8 but at this point even 10 pounds would be a HUGE difference to me. I got married 6 years ago on the 4th of July and at that time I had lost 17 pounds and weighed 148...now I'm back up the 17 pounds and I know it's because I stopped eating the healthier way I was back then (alcohol sure isn't helping!) The problem is my hubby is a BAD influence! He eats too much and he loves his cocktails! We both weight train and do cardio (he is a BEAST that benches almost 400), but we aren't as faithful about it as we once were. That changes NOW! The biggest hurdle for me is going to be not drinking hard alcohol when he decides he wants a few shots - but I've done it before and I know I can do it again. Most of the time I don't even consider drinking, but then the hubs goes and gets something and when it's in front of me that's a different story. However, my resolve is strong this time, as it was 6 years ago and I WILL DO THIS! I love reading all of your posts and I think they will be a big help to me...thanks and keep them coming!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC! Alcohol is a pitfall for me as well, I do like a nice glass of wine in the evening, but I'm trying to swear it off (along with all other simple carbs) for now to kick start some add'l weight loss.

Good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #3  
California licensed CPA!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only wino! LOL...just kidding. I do know that laying off of alcohol really does do the trick - and yes a glass (or 2) of wine in the evening is SO lovely. But any more than that and out the window goes the willpower, which triggers the 'oh I can have a couple shots of vodka' monster! Good luck to you, too!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Definitely not the only wino

Welcome and good for you for grabbing control before going too far down that path.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/190/140

Good luck! I enjoy my wine, here, too. Gonna be a fun adventure learning hwo to work it in without having too many cals for the day!
Anonymouse22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #7  
Warrior Princess

Hey there!

I too came here with minimal to lose, it took a while but I'm almost there!

Stick around and good luck!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #8  
California licensed CPA!

Thanks all! We can all do this!