Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1  
On a Mission!

S/C/G: 268

Height: 5'4

Default If I don't start now, I never will. The journey HAS begun!

I'm 26 years old and I've topped out at 265 lbs. No one would ever be able to guess my weight right- or so it seems. Everyone seems to think I'm around 190 or so (unless they're just being nice LOL!). My weight has been an issue since 2006 after my first break-up with a guy I never should have been with. He was my first everything. I became depressed the summer following our breakup and skyrocketed from an already slightly overweight 162 (which looked awesome on me) to 180-ish or so.

By December 2007, I was 190 (which believe it or not, I still looked super curvey- but now the gut was starting to form. Not good.)

By April 2008, I was 220.

February 2009, I got into a relationship that was somewhat rocky and I think we both took comfort in food a bit too much.

I lost my job twice in 2010 and was at home more than anything else. ---By this point, I was 260 lbs. ---

We broke up in March 2010 and I wanted to get in shape. So I joined a program and lost about 15 lbs. But since then I've gained it all back plus a little more.

Weight loss has been a humongous issue for me. I've never become comfortable with this body, and I still feel extremely self-conscious. I don't take pictures of my body, but I'll take pix from the neck up because I know I'm pretty. This is not what I want for myself!

One thing I notice about myself is I need constant encouragement. I have a couple pix of myself that I like to look at to remind myself of what I'm supposed to look like at 26 and at 5'4. Other times, I need actual motivation. Other times, I'd like for someone to accompany me running on the track- (most of the time, I go alone lol) This group seems like it's going to be a really good positive motivating thing for me.

Please PM me and keep me going! I'd love to hear what's working for some of you!!!
Slim586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/254/180

Height: 5'8

I seem to need constant encouragement as well, maybe we could be weight loss buddies?

It sounds like you've had a hard couple of years break ups are never easy and they just plain suck. Food has helped me though a lot of pain, but it has caused me so much pain as well. So far this site has been pretty inspiring. Check out the goal section.. and just seeing that some people have lost over 100lbs.. is very very motivating!

Good luck!

Last edited by amless326; 11-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
amless326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/265.8/230

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

hey slim 586! i feel ur pain. i know it can be hard sometimes but u need to trust in God and have faith that it can be done. im also at 260 and really wanna get down to 200 soon. we can be buddies. ill add u hun!!
kimmy2tweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #4  

Hi slim.. I know how hard it is. I also need some encouragement. I had lost 10 lbs a few months ago and I just stopped. Perhaps we can be diet buddies?
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Slim! Glad you're here! I am the same way! I moved away from home and live in a new city for school. I have friends but none of them really need to lose weight or they dnt take it as seriously as i do. My old workout buddy was my sister-in-law but now that i live 2000 away i have no one

Wanna know what's helped me so far? Ok it sounds lame I know...

But I wrote down some really motivation sayings and my exercise plans on a piece of paper and taped it to the mirror in my bathroom. I go to the bathroom a million times a day (shower, makeup, hair, etc) so Im always looking at it! lol Plus it's like the first thing I see in the morning when I wakeup to brush my teeth.

It's right at eye level, kind of in the way, but it makes me look at it and remind myself of my plan for the day. it's "constant encouragement" from myself!

It's kind of weird I know but it keeps me going and it's kind of like someone else wrote it and is reminding me what i need to do.

It sounds dorky i know, but it's been working for me. Im never gonna "forget" i need to go workout b/c i see that darn paper 50 times a day!
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #6  
On a Mission!

Hey ladies! Thanks so much for the replies! Amless326, Kimmy, and Campana add me now! Yes, I need the encouragement bigtime. How do you know if you have notifications on this website? It's a little confusing.

ASaladandaDream, that's a pretty good idea, actually. This break-up was no joke, and I really hurt myself by staying inside and not wanting to go out. I turned to food for comfort. Wanna know something funny though? I'm more outgoing now than when I was a small svelte lil' thing. LOL

--- but, I'm still so young. I should not be this size- at all. I've lost 2 lbs in a couple days. (may be water weight since my period is near). But hey, that brings me closer to my goal.

I am eating an egg and cereal for breakfast, fruit for snack, salad for lunch *at work*. At home, I have something like chicken, half cup of rice and veggies. My appetite is deminishing; I think it's because my body knows what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by Slim586; 11-06-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/255.5/175

Height: 5"10

I currently just started my weight loss journey 22 days ago! I've been strong and not slipped I have a hard time stepping on the scale and loosing very little, I know I've just started but the only thing I have put in my routine is walking early in the morning and then again in the evening.... I know I need to add more into my routine ....besides walking what can I add????
can only be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #8  
On a Mission!

There's a lady named Tiffany Rothe on Youtube. Her videos are in 10 or 20 minute increments. I tried her a couple weeks this summer (before a big vacation I had), and she had me SORE but feeling great afterwards!

Definitely do some sort of cardio for about 20 minutes if you can. I do the videos for now, but I do need to incorporate walking back into my routine. (besides walking my pooch.) You're doing good! 22 days straight? Keep going!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/255.5/175

Height: 5"10

Thanks so much!!!!
can only be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #10  

Hey Slim, trust me you have to start now. i use to be the same way and always gave myself excuses not to work out or stay fit. seriously just push yourself and once it becomes a habit, you will want to continue to keep on going. i lost about 100 lbs after a good 10 months of working out and having a good diet. it is hard but honestly it does pay off. i just want to see what more there is i can do to sustain what i have accomplished and how to tone myself.
Daniel from lewis-diet.com
danman is offline   Reply With Quote