Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #1  
"life is too short"

S/C/G: 204/199/160

Height: 5'7"

Default struggling with herniated disks :(

hi everyone. i decided to start trying to get some support because it seems as though i need it now more than ever. i am desperately trying to lose weight. i was on a great exercise regimen for a couple of months but didnt see a fluctuation in the scale i was determined to continue no matter what but i herniated my second disk after just having surgery in march from a previous herniated disk. exercise is not an option for me right now so i will have to rely on diet alone i fear this will be a tough journey for me.
chunkychic35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

"You lose weight with diet, you get fit with exercise".

You can lose weight just fine with diet.

I, too, suffer from a herniated disc. I strongly recommend daily stretching (there are some terrific yoga postures that help the back), back strengthening exercises, and acupuncture. Those three things took me from being 100% disabled and in pain all the time to being nearly 99% of normal. I just have to be careful bending over and heavy lifting, but everything else I'm back to normal pretty much. Just the occasional bad day, and usually because I haven't been doing my stretching.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

had severe back problems. Doctor even advised me NOT to exercise other than light walking and doing stretching exercises. But, I've continued to lose weight despite me being out of the gym for 3 months. Sure, I probably would've lost more weight if I could have incorporated cardio, but I still Lost without it. I agree with above poster, try to find back strengthening exercises and stretching. Good luck!

Last edited by kisskiss; 10-29-2012 at 10:15 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #4  
"life is too short"

S/C/G: 204/199/160

Height: 5'7"

Default any tips????

thank u for posting. im glad im not alone. i can still work for the time being so thank god for that. i just started walking a little again. are there any pointers or tips ya'll can give me? im doing fitness pal on my phone to help track and log my calories. i am doing 1200 cal/day since im so inactive at the moment. i feel hungry alot but i try to eat alot of celery for snacks and a filler. wish me luck
chunkychic35 is offline   Reply With Quote