3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/268818-new.html)

Tesee 10-26-2012 08:57 PM

New!

Hi All!

I'm here for some help, support and motivation! I weigh 223 lbs. and I am a solid size 16 (even size 18 in some brands :o). I'm looking to drop down to around 160 lbs. which will hopefully put me in a size 10? I honestly don't know though because I can't remember ever being below a size 12 (and that was around 180 lbs. I think).

I am not following a particular diet (yet). I've just decided today to really make an effort to do this once and for all. But I have had some past success with cutting out processed foods and focusing mainly on veggies, fruits, meats and the like. I'm thinking I will try to follow that same type of eating again, as it seems the most "natural" and healthful to me.

My biggest hurdle comes in the cooking. I'm an insanely busy person and rarely have time to cook, although I really love to cook. I know I'm simply going to have to MAKE time but I'm just not sure how yet! I would like to have the option of a "grab and go" breakfast so right now I'm looking for a decent protein powder so I can have a shake and a piece of fruit for breakfast because I can eat that in the car on my way into work. I would like to focus my biggest portion of calories at lunch and then plan a small dinner. Lunch is a toughie though, I'm at work of course and we have a tiny little refrigerator (one of those stupid "dorm size" ones) so I can't keep a lot of food in there. But we do have a toaster oven as well as a microwave at work so that may help as far as variety goes.

Anyhoo, I feel I'm rambling. I look forward to becoming a part of the community here!

Fatness 10-26-2012 09:58 PM

welcome to 3FC!

drixnot 10-26-2012 10:01 PM

cooking just seems like its harder than it really is... its just chopping, mixing and heating stuff up... buy a cookbook and do what it tells you to do.

Start with a slow cooker recipe... its very goof proof.

kisskiss 10-27-2012 12:54 AM

Welcome! I never have time to cook breakfast, which is why my breakfasts is usually like cereal! Something I can't screw up :)
Anyway I know that's no help, just wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Misti in Seattle 10-27-2012 06:07 AM

Hello and welcome! I read your post with particular interest because I too am not following a "diet" (and for me personally do not believe in them) but just eating healthful, mostly non-processed foods, with a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. I too think it is the most healthful and natural. I am also convinced our bodies process natural foods much more efficiently than all those chemicals, fake sugars, etc.

As for cooking, I have the same problem. I work long days and just plain hate to cook

BUT there are some great solutions! For one... by steaming veggies in the microwave I can cook an excellent, yummy dinner in just a few minutes. You can even get Ziploc steamer bags... just pop your veggies into them and stick in the microwave for a few minutes. Honestly I don't think cooking in the plastic is best but admit I do it, as my system is not perfect yet. :) But you can also put a small amount of water in the bottom of a bowl and throw in your veggies. And corn on the cob just put it in for 4 minutes per ear, husks and all... then cut off the big end and your corn will pop right out with no silks on it even.

Also, there are a lot of item in the store which work... I buy cut-up fruit and also pre-cooked brown rice in little microwavable bowls. I do buy stuff like that and also spicy red canned beans... 1/2 can of those over the rice is a nice lunch.

Foil packets of tuna or salmon, etc., are also quick and easy!! I get the 3 oz ones, 100 calories each, which I keep in my desk at work for a quick, easy lunch.

Another idea is GoGo Squeez applesauce. Just pop off the cap and squeeze it into your mouth; easy to eat in the car.

There are a LOT of good options which don't involve a lot of cooking... even an old fashioned crockpot!! You just need to check things out and get a little creative!

I do it.. you can too! Go for it!!

Lakilaulea 10-27-2012 01:48 PM

Welcome, Tesee!! I'm not starting a particular diet either; just like you, I'm cutting out most processed foods and starches and sticking to mainly fruits and veggies. I never cook breakfast (no time), so I usually just grab a V8 and a piece of fruit. I work long days as well and have an office job. I found that packing my breakfast/lunch everyday has really really helped me eat right and stay on track. I hate fruits and vegetables, but if I pack it in the lunch bag, I eat it. Weekends are always harder, but the longer I stick to this plan, the easier it gets overall. You're off to a great start and I'm excited for you! Hope to see you in one of the challenges!