New, from Arizona! Looking to shed 74lbs.

• Hi All!
    I have battled weight since I was about 11 but was very active and athletic until mid college then I packed it on through my second two years of college then two years of grad school. Now that I'm done with school, I have time and attention to focus on my health and body! I'm really glad I found this forum; I'm defiantly looking forward to all of the support I see posted here and helping to provide it to other people during this journey. I just started the Paleo diet and will be doing Whole30 starting 10/24. I am really interested in any recommendations or pointers about staying on track or recipe ideas!

Thanks all!
  • Hey NDai
    Welcome, I too am pretty new here, I dont post often but come here every few days, if not daily, and read up. I get so much motivation from this site! Im glad you found it also!
    I am currently doing weight watchers, this is my first time on it, I am going into my 3rd week on it. So far I have lost 16 lbs. My 3rd week weigh in will be on Monday and I am hoping I have lost at least another 3lbs.
    SO what does the Paleo diet consist of? I am not familiar with it.
  • Welcome ladies to 3FC! This is the place to share your goals and get support! I am still new myself here and I can honestly say; the ladies on here are Awesome and help you and every way they can! You can talk about anything! If you want to know about a diet; there is someone here who has tried it or is trying it! Welcome again ladies and can't wait to hear about your progress!

• Welcome!!!
  • Hi Ladies!
    Thank you for the warm welcomes! So, as I understand it (and totally as a newbie), the Paleo diet eliminates grains, legumes, dairy, added sugar/alcohol. So the emphasis is on lean meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds. I've already been told that I am gluten sensitive and dairy intolerant so I kinda feel like this is the leap I need to make to take control of how I'm making my body feel, ya know?