3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello...this is my 'story' (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/267358-hello-my-story.html)

CourtneyLavon 10-02-2012 01:18 PM

Hello...this is my 'story'

HI!
I am new here, obviously since I'm posting in the introductions thread. ;)

My name is Courtney. I am a fat chick. :(

I've always considered myself chunky, chubby, or just plain ol' fat. But looking back, i would LOVE to be what I considered 'fat' 5 years ago.

3 years ago, my highest weight was 180. Then I got a job at a fast food restaurant. Psh. Because of the free burgers and fries DAILY I got up to 230 lbs.
I decided it was time for me to lose weight.. I got down to 217 in a month, and was going STRONG. I was so motivated. I didn't eat at work (and if i did it was 1-2 chicken strips), and drank about 3-5 XL cups of ice water while at work.
Well, to my surprise I got pregnant. In the middle of losing weight :(
Okay, long story short, by the time I gave birth I weighed a grand total of 256. (this weight was taken the week before i delivered, so who knows exactly what i REALLY was).
My son was born, and the lowest weight I got to was 227 about 2 weeks after he was born.
Fast forward to today and I am somewhere between 235-240. My scale broke so I am not quite sure. I would love to continue without a scale, and measure inches instead, anyway!

My son is now almost 16 months and I just can't seem to get this weight off.
Granted, I haven't tried too hard either. I feel like I don't eat much. I eat maybe 2 meals a day and they aren't too bad.
I do have a weakness for Del Taco, though. Cheap and so good! I can eat 3 tacos and a half pound burrito everyday for the rest of my life if I could lose weight doing it!! :(

Another hard part about this whole thing, is the fact that I live with my Dad and Sister who are extremely obese. My dad is somewhere around 400 lbs and my sister, weighs about as much as I do.. except for she is 6 inches shorter than me. They are constantly in the kitchen making food and eating. There is almost always brownies sitting on the stove at night. It's not a very good place to be for support.

I just acquired a Tony Little Gazelle.. so I hope I can use this for exercise and not a coat rack..

I feel like I've said way too much now, so.. that is my story......

Have a great day! :carrot:

Pink Hurricane 10-02-2012 01:30 PM

:wave:

My name is Courtney too! I just joined 3FC a month ago and let me tell you that you have definitely come to the right place for all the support and motivation you need! I would take part in some of the challenges, it helps keep you accountable and it's a lot of fun too! I have been on a very long journey with losing the excess weight I had gained when I was very sick for a couple of years. I set out to lose 100lbs in 2010, I had lost over 80 and sat comfortably for the next year in the upper 180s. Then before I knew what was happening I had gained back 45ish of it. So I ended up joining 3FC so I could re-lose what I gained plus reach my original goals. You are not alone on the rollercoaster, and I hope you utilize the support and tools here, everyone is really great! :)