Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #1  

Default New to IP

So I've been stalking the forums for a while getting research before deciding to do a modified version (at home version) of IP. I stalk no more!

I started IP last week and have since WI at 2.8 lbs. lighter. I don't know if this is average or not. I have had some issues with not cheating. But after reading some stories today have decided that I will cheat no more.

I come to this diet in desperate need to drop some much unwanted after many years of putting it on. My father has been a real inspiration to me since he recently lost over 50 lbs. through regular diet and exercise. Since I have upwards of 65 lbs. + to lose, I decided to jump on the IP bandwagon.

So I mentioned above that I am doing an "at home" version of IP. Basically I have found a fantastic protein powder (Optimum Nutritions 100% Whey powder...they have all kinds of wonderful flavors, cookies n cream is my favorite) that comes in various flavors that has the same fat/cal/carb amounts, or there abouts, as IP products. So I am just using my protein powder shakes in place of the standard IP products. I know this is a bit rogue, but I look at it as a money issue. I can't afford to spend $250 plus a month on the clinic. I would rather find an as close as possible alternative and lose weight then wait any longer and save up money. I don't feel that money should ever get in your way when trying to lose weight.

Ok, enough of that high horse....I am really excited by all the success stories I have seen and the possibilities for me. I just need to get out of my head and force myself to be diligent and get this thing conquered. My weight has been an issue all my adult life. I am tired of being FAT!

To the next phase of my life!

If any of you have any suggestions on how to stop cravings and such, please pass them my way. I can use all the help I can get!!

Last edited by skibunny2k; 09-12-2012 at 05:30 PM.
skibunny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote