3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Helloo! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/263657-helloo.html)

pinkpendant 07-28-2012 09:31 AM

Helloo! :)

Hello there!

I'm new to this forum so I thought it'd be nice to post an introduction thread :) I am Mary from The Netherlands, 20 years old and studying medicine. I lost about 40 pounds a few years ago, but gained the freshman 15 unfortunately :( I thought I was eating healthily (and compared to most of my friends I think I was lol), but I think the lack of exercise kind of contributed to my weight gain.. Anyway, I started eating healthier (cutting out a lot of carbs, sugars and processed foods) and working out more 2 months ago and started seeing results. I've lost about 10 lbs in these 2 months (expected it to be a bit more, but hey, it's still better than nothing right :') ), but I figured it would be really nice to talk to people who are trying to lose weight (the healthy hard way :p) as well! Not a lot of my university friends are trying to lose weight, so yeah..
I would love to hear what you guys are doing to lose those extra pounds!

I am currently working out 3-4 times a week, each time I do 45 mins of cardio (on the elliptical mostly) and 20 mins of weight lifting. I am thinking of doing more weight exercises since I keep reading more and more about the importance of weight lifting when trying to lose weight :o
At the moment, I weigh 167 lbs and my goal weight is 130-135 lbs. It feels like it's still such a long way to go, but reading posts on this forum and reading those success stories tells me that I can do it too :) This time I'm going to lose this weight, and keep it off for good!

Anyways, I can't wait to talk to you lovely people! I've been scrolling through a few other threads and everyone sounds so friendly and welcoming :) Feel free to message me anytime, I love making new friends! <3

lets keep inspiring and motivating each other! :)
mary

Misti in Seattle 07-28-2012 12:58 PM

Hello Mary, and :welcome:

Congratulations on your great start and positive attitude. I so agree with you that it is best to do it the healthy way, even if it takes a bit longer. You are right... this is a friendly place. I am sure as you look around the boards you will find threads you feel comfortable in and right for you. Hang in there!

pinkpendant 07-28-2012 10:05 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome message! :) I am sure I will, looking forward to seeing you around on the forum! <3

Chubschick 07-30-2012 09:07 AM

Hi Mary!

I am new too - I was just scrolling through the introductory posts and saw your message. I am also at uni and struggling alone with weight issues - so identify with you! It sounds like ur programme and attitude are both great so I am sure you will be seeing results soon! Looking forward to keeping track of your success. :)

WhoDat730 08-05-2012 02:15 AM

:welcome2: