Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/151/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Florida Newbie looking for Support!

I started South Beach about 3 weeks ago and have already lost 7 lbs. I've done it before probably 6 years ago, but way over due. I'm going to be 59 in two weeks and my mom died at 59 from a heat attack, just after her birthday when I was 18. So this birthday is getting the best of me, I am overweight by about 20 lbs and started at 158 and my goal is 138 by my 60th birthday, so I have a year. My mother already had diabetes, high blood pressure, and was overweight like me. I have her same body shape, so of course, I'm concerned and trying to overcome my heredity. Fortunately, I have not as yet been diagnosed with any of the above, and my goal is to keep it that way. Please any one out there especially in Florida with the same concerns or goals. I'd love share support with you. I wish us all good luck, good food and good health!
macattack5946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/148/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I am really sorry about your mom, I cant imagine how hard that must have been. I just wanted to say hi and give you a little encouragement because I know you can do this When it gets hard just remember the people in your life that love you and want you to live to 100!
happyXlucky53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/293/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Luck to you. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale and taking it one day at a time (Day 6) with Medifast.
suntantoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/151/138

Height: 5'3"

Good Luck, suntan toes, I use to live in Davie for 7 years. Loved it! I'm in Lakeland now. Thank you HappyXlucky53 for your support! Still being pretty good, want so much to make my short term goal of 149 by my birthday 8/2nd. I think it's possible as long as I stay focused, weather crazy it's either super hot & muggy or raining. I've lived in FLorida all my life so I should be used to it. I sure wish us all luck, I think we can do this . . . I think the secret is not to give up, especially after a set back. We need each other to keep focused and just jump right back on! I don't want to live just a long life, but a healthy and fun one, too!
macattack5946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #5  

May your mother serve as inspiration to help you succeed! You have great motivation and I know you can do it. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

After years of yo-yo dieting, my mom's friend referred me to a doctor based in LA who customizes weight loss programs based on your individual body's needs. Luckily he sees patients all over, not just LA. So I was able to schedule a telephone consultation. He was able to test my metabolism and tell me what vitamins I'm lacking in, etc. It all contributes to your overall well being and weight loss. I'm on a great plan - a combination of meal replacement shakes, appetite control snacks and vitamin injections. All this is sent through the mail, super easy.

The vitamin injections have been amazing so far. It gives me great energy and It puts me in a happy mood. It burns fat quicker, and I've noticed a difference so far.

The doctor is Payam Kerendian and his office is called Delight Medical. It's in Beverly Hills, but you should look into the national patient program. He can help you in case the South Beach diet isn't your thing.
NewMommy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote