Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/147/128

Height: 5'1

Default The weight loss gods are angry

Hello all! I'm a 31 year old female who's found herself at the center of this huge battle known as weight-loss. After beating my enemy around 2 years ago (dropped around 26lbs!) I've now been at a stand still for approx. 1 year. When my weight does decide to fluctuate it's only within a pound or 2 and always lands me right back between 149 & 144lbs. However, seeing as I'm a little gal (just a whooping 5'1), this still leaves me several pounds away from a healthy weight for my stature and from my goal of around 128.

As of late all my gym buddies have met there goals except for me. And to top it all off, I'm planning to marry my boyfriend next year sometime (yay! ), who just happens to be a 2 time state bodybuilding champ...So friends, I NEED HELP!! I need motivation, prayers, humor, a listening ear and the like to help me defeat this foe known as 'fat'. I'm not quite sure where to begin or even how to break this plateau but I'm willing to try. So thanks again and I hope to see you all on the other side of GOAL!

Last edited by Veelicious; 07-19-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Veelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. How many calories a day are you eating ? Exercise is good but to lose we must eat less calories.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your engagement! Sometimes it is just tough to get those pounds to budge. Stay focused, and I'm sure that you will find out how to do it!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 149/147/128

Height: 5'1

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement! Really appreciate it.

To answer Bargoo's question regarding my caloric intake, I've tried pretty much everything. Was sticking to 1200-1600, then I dropped to 800-1000 and even down to 500 at one point, I was so desperate. But now it's been back to the 1200-1600 mark. I've also tried about every diet on the market and I can't get my weight to go below the 140s. It even got so frustrating at one point that I even had my thyroid checked cause I thought maybe that was the culprit. But turned up nothing. Losing had never really been difficult for me up until this past year. So I'm really at a loss as to what to try.

Last edited by Veelicious; 07-19-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Veelicious is offline   Reply With Quote