Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #1  
At it again

Default Don't ignore health issues bc you're FAT

The first time I joined 3FC, I wasn't really serious - I lost some weight, but quickly left the forum and went back to my old ways. The second time I was REALLY invested - I committed to a meal plan that I could sustain, reveled in my new found love of the gym and lost 44lbs. For the first time in my life, I loved going to the gym, riding my bike, swimming, etc. But that didn't last. Which brings me to today.

I've just been told that I have an 18 cm ovarian tumor - that's the size of a deflated football. If I wasn't morbidly obese . . .

I'd have recognized that my stomach was distended.

I'd have recognized that my weight gain didn't correlate to my caloric intake

I'd have realized that the nausea was due to something more than just eating crap

I'd have felt that my health was worth checking on.

I know that there are many of you who feel the same way I did . . . if I can't be bothered with worrying about my health or taking care of myself, why should anyone else?

I want to tell you all, YOU ARE WORTH IT!! No matter how big you are, no matter how much you weigh, you are worth it. Don't neglect your health. Don't be too embarrassed to see a doctor. It could literally mean the difference between life and death.
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

How terrifying for you. My thoughts are with you for a good outcome.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #3  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Hugs, and I hope that everything goes well.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #4  

Thanks for posting. I needed this, and probably many more as well. All the best to you, and please do let us know how you're doing. Will keep you in my thoughts. Sending a big hug your way.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/198.8/165

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
The first time I joined 3FC, I wasn't really serious - I lost some weight, but quickly left the forum and went back to my old ways. The second time I was REALLY invested - I committed to a meal plan that I could sustain, reveled in my new found love of the gym and lost 44lbs. For the first time in my life, I loved going to the gym, riding my bike, swimming, etc. But that didn't last. Which brings me to today.

I've just been told that I have an 18 cm ovarian tumor - that's the size of a deflated football. If I wasn't morbidly obese . . .

I'd have recognized that my stomach was distended.

I'd have recognized that my weight gain didn't correlate to my caloric intake

I'd have realized that the nausea was due to something more than just eating crap

I'd have felt that my health was worth checking on.

I know that there are many of you who feel the same way I did . . . if I can't be bothered with worrying about my health or taking care of myself, why should anyone else?

I want to tell you all, YOU ARE WORTH IT!! No matter how big you are, no matter how much you weigh, you are worth it. Don't neglect your health. Don't be too embarrassed to see a doctor. It could literally mean the difference between life and death.
Thank you SO much for sharing your story. I have also avoided going to the Dr. because I am just too mortified. It is SO important to know that you are worth it.
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #6  
At it again

Thanks for all of your good wishes.

It's amazing how your perspective changes. At the beginning of the week, I was mortified to have the nurse weigh me. By the end of the week, after countless tests and being poked and prodded by numerous people, I was definitely over it. As my husband stood with me at my last appointment, I realized that he had just witnessed my weigh-in and now knew exactly how much I weighed.

Of course, at this point, I couldn't care less!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/163/130

Height: 5'3"

I will be praying for you! Thank you for sharing your story. It will help motivate others, as well as, maybe get someone to the doctor who is putting it off.

I have a family history of ovarian cancer so I am partially losing weight because of all of those issues that you mentioned. Not to mentioned my high cholesterol.

Praying for news that your tumor is benign!
Jackie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you very much for sharing your story with us. I wish... it were easier to love ourselves the way we love others.

Very best wishes to you.
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote