Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step! I find that the minute you see a difference, it becomes an addiction! You just don't want to stop. We're both 20 so I'm sure we have some in common about this journey we're going through.
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #17  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

HI Amanda;
Welcome! You could start a thread asking for alternatives to soda , if you haven't already. You'll probably get a zillion great ideas from these awesome people! hagd
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Amanda!
I just started my weight loss commitment, too. I am determined to make it work, and am sure that you can do it, too! My fiance and I are on the South Beach diet. The first week was a hungry one, but we are now fairly faithful to it and have seen good results. My doctor said that my cholesterol has gone down from my last blood test, too. Good luck with your choices and your journey
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 456/199/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie91 View Post
Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step! I find that the minute you see a difference, it becomes an addiction! You just don't want to stop. We're both 20 so I'm sure we have some in common about this journey we're going through.
So true Queenie. The first week was only 1 pound for me but then it was 5, and then 9, then 14..... the more I lost the more determined I was to keep going. The more you lose, it just fuels the fire even more!!
Borgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #20  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

hey Amanda, I know you said you're having a hard time giving up the soda...heres an awesome thing to think about though: giving it up/cutting back on soda is such a simple (though I understand simple doesn't have to mean easy) way to cute out possibly hundreds of calories a day! Once you make the transition to something a bit healthier, you can reap the benefits.

Protip: If you plan to exercise, take measurements in addition to weighing yourself periodically. If the scale isn't moving as you'd like but your body is shrinking, it means you're losing fat and building muscle. It helps give
perspective when you're frustrated at the scale.

Deciding to be proactive about getting healthy is a huge step! I stopped looking at it as "losing weight" and started thinking in terms of "getting healthy" which for some reason has made exercise a lot more tolerable.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #21  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile welcome amanda!

I'm Laura and I just found this website earlier this week but everyone has been so welcoming that i don't really feel new anymore. i hope you have the same experience because i have found great support and look forward to checking in daily. There is a support group for everyone so keep poking around until you find it. I really like the 300+ section and the christian support group.

Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote