Kinda nervous - New to online groups… - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207 / 207 / 135

Height: 5'4"

Default Kinda nervous - New to online groups…

… but certainly not new to the weight loss challenge!

I have never been at a healthy weight. No exaggeration – I was over 200 lbs when I was just 10! Then, somewhere in my late 20’s I hit my highest weight at just over 320 lbs. I worked and dropped a hundred by 30. Now, over the past decade I have fluctuated between 180 and 210… on the high side today.

So, now I am back to the focus of real weight loss. The hard part is that I know my weight is about a lot more than just food… I need to deal with all the other “stuff” around it. After reading some posts, I think 3FC will help me with that.

The good news is that I have lots of practice figuring out things that work for me and I have stayed active so I don’t have to convince myself to start exercising.

Other parts of life are good… I enjoy my job, I love my partner and his two pups, I have lots of loving friends… yes, in many ways, life is good.

Now, on to a healthy weight... don't know how it feels but looking forward to finding out!

BrilliantField
writing from sunny L.A.
BrilliantField is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #2  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

and hello
You will find lots of inspiration and encouragement here for sure!
Best wishes on your journey and achieving your healthy weightloss goals. Post often so we can give you kudos
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Brilliantfield, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #4  

Thank you, Penguin and Islandchick1!

I am taking your advice and have joined in one of the exercise challenges and will post activity at least weekly.

Enjoy the holiday
Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #5  

No way, I used to live in LA until a couple months ago - now in rainy Seattle LOL

That's so awesome, you will reach your goals!!!

Once you set your mind to it and DO NOT BACK OFF, you can achieve anything. And woow, huuge congrats for losing the first 100! So many people never even get half as far as you already have. The rest will be childs play for you, I know it
VickyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyK View Post
No way, I used to live in LA until a couple months ago - now in rainy Seattle LOL

That's so awesome, you will reach your goals!!!

Once you set your mind to it and DO NOT BACK OFF, you can achieve anything. And woow, huuge congrats for losing the first 100! So many people never even get half as far as you already have. The rest will be childs play for you, I know it
Thank you, VickyK!
Even though it was several years ago, I know that losing the first 100 did make a very real impact on my overall well-being...and I have kept it off. It is good for me to remember just how much has changed for the better. Thanks for reminding me of it!

I am sure if you are a former LA gal, but rain can take some getting used to... which is why I visit my brother in Portland only during the summer!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #7  

Welcome to the forums & Good luck with your journey!

The forums here are amazing for weight loss support & any other info you might ever need.
Daer is offline   Reply With Quote