Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #1  
Too stubborn to quit.

S/C/G: 305/300/200

Height: 6'

Default Longtime stalker, now a member.

Hi y'all. My name is Natalie. I'm 24, soon to be 25, and I'm a single mom of a wonderful (and extremely active) 5 year old boy.

Might be a lengthy self-introduction, so I apologize - but I'd rather get it out there so I don't have to repeat myself. That, and I won't have the guts if I don't do it now. Nut up or shut up, as Tallahassee (from the movie Zombieland, for those that don't know) says.

Besides being taller than most women (and men), I'm bigger, as well. There's never been a time that I can think of where I've been thin. Once I hit puberty, my height AND weight skyrocketed.

Fast forward through being diagnosed with depression, type-2 bipolar, and 9 years of self-mutilation, on top of other 'fun' events, I entered into what turned into an abusive relationship. While I have my son from that relationship, I gained about 100 lbs in that 6 1/2 years. So I went from a 'chubby 250 at 6 ft tall' to a '350 lb lard-bubble.' Needless to say, once I made the choice to leave the relationship, I realized I needed to make more changes than that, if I wanted to be happy.

In January I made my New Years' resolution to be healthier, to lose weight and feel better, both for me and my son. Naturally, like most New Years' resolutions, my 'resolve' waned pretty fast.

So yeah. in February I restarted. Never been a big eater - my diet was simple. Coffee all day, and dinner at night. I snacked a lot though, I admit. I cut all sodas, drank more water, cut back to 4 cups of coffee per day, and tried to eat more often, though less at a time, naturally. I began walking and riding my bike, and dropped 54 lbs as of June 6th.

Yay. It was a good feeling...but I slacked again, and am basically restarting right now. I'm hovering right at 300, and would LOVE to lose 100 lbs.

That's pretty much me, in a nutshell. Sorry for the length.
InkPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

You can do it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #3  

Just joined here and I'm also on Atkins community. I'm getting some very useful information on here. I turned 44 in March and need to get my weight down. I was using diet pills and was down to 140 and now I'm close to 200. I started out at 196 (5'2) and have gone up in weight since starting low carbs. SMH in confusion. Any tips are welcomed. Can we send direct messages here?
klh0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #4  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome Natalie! Glad to have you here. You can definitely reach your goals!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh0320 View Post
Just joined here and I'm also on Atkins community. I'm getting some very useful information on here. I turned 44 in March and need to get my weight down. I was using diet pills and was down to 140 and now I'm close to 200. I started out at 196 (5'2) and have gone up in weight since starting low carbs. SMH in confusion. Any tips are welcomed. Can we send direct messages here?
You can after twenty days and twenty posts.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #6  
Too stubborn to quit.

Thanks for the support!

I'm definitely looking forward to being able to (hopefully) motivate others, like y'all have done for me - though none of y'all knew about it. XD
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #7  
Just want to be healthy!

S/C/G: 178.0/176.5/140.0

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Hi Inkpen!!!

You seem to have a difficult past, such as myself. Although I haven't experienced everything you've gone through I can feel it. And it is a huge step you are taking with feeling better about yourself starting with weight loss.

I see you are also a mommy That's wonderful. Your new journey will definitely inspire your baby boy.

Do you have any set goals in particular as far as dieting and working out? Has there been anything you have tried in the past that you likely are going to try again?

Wishing you well on your weight loss, Diva!

~Toy
BeautyfulStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #8  
Too stubborn to quit.

Toy,

I've cut out all beverages but water and one cup of coffee per day. I'll eventually (hopefully) get past my coffee addiction, but that's not an immediate worry.

I don't eat often enough, which I guess is part of the reason I keep gaining weight, rather than losing it - the whole 'putting my body into starvation mode' thing, I guess. So I'm trying to eat healthier, counting calories, walking in the mornings. Hoping to build up to running. I miss playing soccer, and I got my son into playing, but I'm way too out of shape to play long with him, and it frustrates me.

Thank you for the well-wishes!

-Natalie
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/156/135

Height: 5"7'

Hi Natalie!

You sound a lot like me - I'm bipolar, a single mom, and my daughters dad was abusive. Lots to deal with but that makes us stronger and I believe that we can find a way to use that strength to help us in our weight loss goals. Welcome
arachniagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4"

Hiya--

Liked the title of your post as it's true of me as well! I think difficult pasts can make us stronger and even more determined to make positive changes. It's just starting those changes that can be difficult!

Best wishes for those changes!

-Page
pagenumbertwo is offline   Reply With Quote