3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   hello everyone am new (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/259904-hello-everyone-am-new.html)

prettyprincess 05-27-2012 10:38 PM

hello everyone am new

hello everyone i hope you are all well, am new here so i thought i'd come introduce my self to everyone :) am maxine how is everyone?? :carrot:

Maestra62 05-28-2012 12:43 PM

I hope it gets better

We both have 60-something views to our posts, and no one has said a word. I am now speaking up. Good luck with your goals on this site. Welcome!

MariaS 05-28-2012 12:47 PM

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss goals to you both :)

prettyprincess 05-28-2012 01:01 PM

thank you good luck to both of you to :)

bargoo 05-28-2012 01:44 PM

Welcome to you both and good luck. There is not as much activity on 3FC on weekends and holidays , don't give up on us.

TamTam 05-28-2012 03:23 PM

After you introduce yourselves, look into all the different group discussions, you will find one that suits your personality or needs. This is a great place to make new friends, so just dive in and go for it. Good luck and God bless.

kaplods 05-28-2012 04:44 PM

Not only are weekends and holidays sometimes a little slow, people use the forums in different ways, and there really isn't a formal "welcome wagon."

The introduction forum generallly doesn't generate much commentary, probably for a lot of reasons, but it really boils down to that's a lot of people don't even see the introductions, and even those who do may not say anything if they don't have anything interesting to say. I know that I don't spend much if any time in the introductions forums, so I usually don't even see the introductions.

Instead, I meet most people through the discussions forums. Even then, I tend to look for posts that are discussing a topic and try to only respond when I think I have something to add or something interesting to say. If "Hi," "nice to meet you," or "I (dis)agree," are all I can think of to say, I usually don't say anything.

I usually check the threads I'm posting in, or will check new posts or today's posts and only post in threads that are extremely interesting/important topics to me - because as it is, I end up devoting several hours per day to just to READING posts.

If I responded by posting to every thread I read, I would have to spend 24/7 doing so. Instead, I read all I find interesting, then decide how much time I have to post, and decide which posts I'm going to respond to, because I don't have the time to respond to them all. I don't even have the time to respond to even 10% of what I would like to.

Discussion threads do tend to get a lot more views and posts than threads on common or frequent topics (and that includes general introductions).

So you'll get and give a lot more support on the discussion and topic threads than in introductions - but even so it can take a while and you may have to occasionally repeat yourself. I've posted threads that got few or no responses and then days, months, or even years later gotten more responses - so I've learned to be patient and to repeat myself .

shoeluver67 05-28-2012 05:13 PM

welcome!!! this is a great site, really motivating...you will meet some great peeps on your journey. :-)