Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/216/154

Height: 5'8

Smile Starting on the Slimmm shakes on Monday 30th April. Wish me luck ;-)

[[SIZE="3"]SIZE="3"]Hi Everyone. Just joined this evening. I have loads of weight to shift. Not sure of the weight in kilos but it is nearly 5 stone I must get rid of.
I am from Manchester in England and I will be starting the Slimmm shakes diet. I need a helping hand as I am so rubbish at dieting. I love food so much but need to do this for myself. My partner loves me as I am but I just don't love myself at the moment.
I am in my mid-thirties, age wise and I have 2 young daughters so I wanna be around for them and worry if I do not lose weight, my health will suffer.
If anyone wants to chat, offer their support or would like some support in return please get in touch.
Also if anyone has ever tried this diet or any other meal replacement ones, let me know how you get on.
I will be keeping a diet diary, so lets see if this diet really works ;-)
cherrydamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #2  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

S/C/G: 226/212/146

Height: 5ft 4''

Default cead mile failte !!!

welcome welcome welcome cherrydamsel! i know how you feel, but you've made the first step towards a healthier you. i dont see anything wrong with doing this slimm thingy diet as a kick start, but they're not a permanent fix. i'm on the tried and trusted good old weightwatchers. heres hoping i stay motivated, i'm up and down (motivation wise i mean) 1lb at a time thats what i say
skinniminni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #3  

Wink

Hi. Good luck with your dieting. I have now had my weigh in and I plan to start my diet tomorrow. I am wondering how I get that measurement thingy you have at the bottom of your post?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/280/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Cherry! I completely relate to being "rubbish at dieting." I am, too! I try not to think of it as "dieting," but it's hard to shift perspectives on something that's so pervasive in media, despite its negative connotation. Maybe I just need to accept the term and change the connotation for myself.

Best of luck!
Puffinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #5  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrydamsel View Post
Hi. Good luck with your dieting. I have now had my weigh in and I plan to start my diet tomorrow. I am wondering how I get that measurement thingy you have at the bottom of your post?
you need to make a certain amount of posts if i remember right. there is a whole section about 'tickers' somewhere in the forum, have a look, it gives a step by step guide and all the faq's too.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #6  

Thanks Skinni Minni. I need to post 20 posts and be a member for 20 days. WHAT DIET ARE YOU BOTH ON? Are you just cutting down, eating healthier and exercising? I will do that when I have lost so much weight that I can feel a difference but I do need a helping hand to get me started. I think I will miss my cups of tea though. I do only have a qtr of a spoon of sugar and use semi-skimmed milk so I may have to allow myself one a day. ;-) What will you both miss the most?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #7  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

i'm doing weight watchers or should i say trying to do weight watchers! not going great tbh nobodys fault but my own. the thing i miss the most is being able to eat whatever and whenever i like and i think this is why i'm faling because i keep forgetting that i cant eat whatever and whenever i like anymore!!!!! i need to engage my brain before i put anything in my mouth!!!! its so hard
Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #8  
Stevia Nicks

S/C/G: HW323/SW298/CW(ticker)/GW170

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Cherry!

If the Slimmm shakes are anything like the SlimFast ones, I used them when I started out, but quickly found that I needed more than a shake at breakfast, and that I could balance out my calories and eat real food to start my day, which led to fewer cravings as the day went on.
I'm also in my mid-thirties with two children, but am in Canada. My sister is moving to the UK in June, though, so now I have a good reason to go!
Luceia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #9  

Welcome to the group!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #10  

I have had my first day on shakes and up to now it has been ok. I havent felt that hungry but I think that is because you are also allowed 3 snacks a day. Im not really sure what is classed as good snacks to have but I am presuming fruit, yooghurts etc. I had a shake which I must say tasted really nice, and seemed to fillme up and then at around 1pm I had one slice of wholemeal toast with marmalade and no butter followed by a shake. I would have had my snack earlier but I ended up taking my daughter casualty. :-( I had pasta for my dinner. I am hoping I feel like this tomorrow too. I have so much uni work to do that I dont need to eat ;-) Hope you are all doin ok too xx