3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for support to get back on track (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/254730-looking-support-get-back-track.html)

Taking back control 03-12-2012 09:39 PM

Looking for support to get back on track

I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. Over the years the weight has slowly increased until I was completely out of control. At my highest weight, 269lbs, I was able to make a change and lost 60 lbs over the course of a year on my own through counting calories and trying to increase my activity (although I do admit that it was more calorie cutting than exercise). I have slowly regained 30lbs in the last year.

I know that I need to regain control, but I have always found an excuse, I'm too stressed with work, with my relationships, but I see this for what it is, excuses. I know that I need to take back control of my life for my own health and betterment.

I have a wonderful and supportive husband who cherishes me for who I am and will support me in my trials. I do not have many friends and am craving support. I have proven that I can lose weight, but feel the need of a support system to help keep me heading in the right direction. I am hoping that this forum can be that support system that I so dearly need.

Italiannie 03-12-2012 10:05 PM

Welcome to 3FC! It's great.
Find a thread that appeals to you and jump on. There are several on specific food plans, calorie counting and general accountability.
This is the place to be for support.
:welcome:

ManaBell1031 03-12-2012 10:55 PM

Don't worry TBC, we are all in this together. With the right friends and support group we can do this. I know I have to stop being chubby too, for once. It is good to meet you.

rainydays 03-13-2012 12:23 AM

Welcome to 3FC! You can do this, and we'll be here to support you throughout your journey!

VioletBee 03-13-2012 12:29 AM

Hello fellow Texan! TBC YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I have gained weight recently, but so what?! Keep going. Every day is a new opportunity to start over or if on track, a day to build on past achievements. I'm no exercise or fitness guru, LOL, just a girl who knows how it feels to lose track.

Patricia1980 03-13-2012 05:56 AM

Hi! I also just joined and would love for us to get back on track!! Let's form a group!! I too am trying to get back to 150 ;)

Taking back control 03-13-2012 03:04 PM

Thanks everyone, I think this is going to be just what I needed.

alisonfaith 03-13-2012 09:12 PM

Welcome! Best of luck to you :D

KatieAlyse 03-13-2012 10:49 PM

Welcome! This site has helped me soooo much. From the support to reading the stories and saying wow if they did it I can too! You already have the tools to do it and achieve! If there is anything I can do to help just let me know! I have the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and use it on the computer too. I read the quote somewhere on here and when I feel discouraged or down about myself I just say it in my head "I'm the only person that can make myself fail!". So true...!

valalltogether 03-13-2012 11:11 PM

welcome aboard! you'll find plenty of people here who have been heavy all their life and now are fit & trim. you can do it too! you lost 60 lbs, which is amazing..so you know you can do it again!

there are a lot of great resources here for recipes, exercise tips & support. check out the goal pictures forum -- it will blow your mind what some of the people here have accomplished!

AlyN 03-13-2012 11:43 PM

I just recently joined too! I am engaged and live with the most wonderful man, but I also do not have that many close friends. Sometimes, you just need that extra support. I know we can do it, we just need some help!

Patricia1980 03-14-2012 05:51 AM

I like that quote Katie ! Well I will share what I'm going to try....the hcg diet. I know people who have had great success if you would like to do it with me lets go!!