New here - but not new to weight loss.

• I needed a little inspiration. After losing 100lbs, I hit a major plateau, and have been gaining and losing the same 20 pounds for months now. Needless to say, I'm more than over it, and ready to do what it takes to reach my goals (which don't only include weight loss, but also getting to my goal weight so that when I get engaged to my boyfriend, I'm at the ring size I'll be at my entire life (I used to be a size 13 ring!), getting my body into a better physical state through exercise, and also improving my mental state by improving my overall health). I just decided to try the South Beach Diet after doing things 'my own way' for years. My own way got my 100lbs slimmer, which is AMAZING, but now I need a little help. Having recently been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance, the South Beach Diet isn't a HUGE jump from how I've been eating recently. ...anyway, if you have any advice on the SBD, or just in general, I would love to hear it. Thanks! <3
  • Welcome to the forum! WOW! Congrats on your amazing loss! You rock!
    Be sure to visit the SB diet forum on this site, I am sure you will get a ton of information and advice there.
    Stay focused and keep moving forward. You are doing amazing!
  • I do have advice for you.
    There are grains that are healthy and gluten free. Buy a rice cooker. Brown rice,millet,quinoa so many awesome grains out there will help you lose the weight and get a carb in there that won't make you get into trouble and don't forget about the familiar like corn,sweet potatoes,peas,potatoes in general.
    The biggest problem with all of these high protein diets are the high consumption of animal cholesterol fat that isn't healthy for anyone.
  • Ringsize, welcome, glad to have you join us. Great job on your weightloss!