Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/222.5/115

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Newbie to this forum (Oldie to trying to lose wt)

Hello All,

My name is Linda and I am very excited to have found this forum. I have quite a bit of weight to lose. My goal is to be bathing suit ready by July 4th and bikini ready by August 4th. I have only had one two piece bathing suit ever, I was 15 - weighed 125 lbs and thought that I was fat. I am now over 40 and over 200 lbs. If I knew then what I know now...smh!

Well, I am determined this time and am glad to have found support and inspiration.

-Linda
foophi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/167/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome, I'm also new to this website. I need to be bikini ready as well for May 27th.
1ofakind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum Linda. Check us out of at the 40-something forum. There are some really successful losers over there.
Do you know what food plan you are going to follow? There is a ton of information about many different food plans on this site. Pick a plan that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. I chose calorie counting because it is free and flexible. It allows me to eat almost anything I wanted as long as it fits within my calorie range for the day and there are ton of free apps out there to help you track your food.
Give up the sugary drinks and drink lots and lots of water.
Incorporate some exercise into your weekly routine. You do not have to join an expensive gym try to walk more, use the stairs more, download videos off of YouTube or Hulu.com to work out to. There are a lot of things you can to do with spending a ton of money.
Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome dear.
It would be nice for me too, to feel good and even sexy in my bikini by August. Hopefully.....
Anastasia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'7"

I am Megan, 24 and not 120 lbs anymore. Had my first daughter at 18 and was 120 lbs in a month so I never thought That a year and half after my second I would still be pre go weight. It makes me crazy, I don't even know how to dress cause every part of my makes me crazy. I was way to thin my whole life so now I just want my old jeans back. I refuse to get rid of the size 5 still in my closet. Im new and just trying to find support cause my Italian husband is no good when it comes to controlling eating advice. LOL. Sick of sweat pants and Tshirts time to make a change
Mneri05 is offline   Reply With Quote