Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5 ft 10 in

Red face Hey Newbie Here!

Not quite sure where to start. I'm wanting to loose 100 lbs by next January. I want to meet others that are struggling like I am. I have tried all kinds of diets and have failed. I want to be here for my children and my husband. My hubby is very worried. I want to prove to him that I want this just as much as he does.

Looking for friends and ideas please. Thanks!
wannabsexytra70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

I'm going to suggest that you do a bunch of reading here at 3FC and see what others are doing. Your plan doesn't have to be fancy Make a point to come back and read a couple of times a day. We're here to support you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! So glad you joined us.
Do you know what food plan you are going to follow? There is a ton of information about many different food plans on this site. Pick a plan that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. I chose calorie counting because it is free and flexible. It allows me to eat almost anything I wanted as long as it fits within my calorie range for the day and there are ton of free apps out there to help you track your food. Give up the sugary drinks and drink lots and lots of water.
Break your weight loss goal down into mini goals. Sometimes looking at the big picture can seem depressing, meeting mini goals will make you feel good about yourself and help keep you going.
Incorporate some exercise into your weekly routine. You do not have to join an expensive gym try to walk more, use the stairs more, download videos off of YouTube or Hulu.com to work out to. There are a lot of things you can to do with spending a ton of money.
Lastly, if you have a bad meal, a bad day, heck, a bad food week. Do NOT let this be a reason to throw in the towel. Get back on track at the next meal. You can do this!!!
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Wannabesexytra, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome to 3FC! Come join us for daily accountability in 100% for 100 days in the chicks up for a challenge forum, we would love to have you! Glad you made it here for some support!
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote