Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #1  

Default Does anyone else overeat fruits and veggies?

Hi all,
This is my 1st time on this site. As a matter of fact, it's my 1st time admitting to anyone this deep dark secret of mine. I am a vegan overeater. Many days I eat 3000 calories worth of fruits and veggies. To some this might not seem like a problem but I am finally realizing that I need help and support. I am constantly thinking about food. I cannot concentrate at work. I'll eat POUNDS of grapes in a sitting, dozens of clementines, obscene servings of vegetables.

I feel so bloated all the time. I know that most of the time I am not even actually hungry. I always thought fruits and vegetables were harmless and should be eaten guilt-free but I feel so much shame. I feel the lowest of low right now. I've starting drinking zero-calorie drinks and use about a dozen packets of "sweet & low" each day just to try to curb my appetite. I know this is a terrible for my body.

Does anyone else overeat fruits and vegetables? Are there any other vegan overeaters? I feel so alone. Nobody seems to believe that it is possible to struggle with weight issues when you are a vegan.
kitaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/120/110

Eating when I'm bored or stressed is a killer, but if I grab an apple or some other fruit I'll kill the craving.
pattyhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kit, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the Vegetarian chicks. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #4  

Thanks for the advise. I think that's a great idea to join a vegetarian support group!
kitaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I overeat fruits if I get a bunch of them. So I don't buy as many now. Especially tangerines, I could eat like 7+ in one sitting.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote