3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   I gotta have it. NOW! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/250882-i-gotta-have-now.html)

justalilmore22 01-18-2012 03:41 PM

I gotta have it. NOW!

Im sitting here thinking about how much I really want to eat some potatoe chips (my weakness). I will not mention the fact that I ate potatoe chips and sour cream and onion dip at 11am. Then again at 12:45.

I have a problem with food.

I am addicted to food.

I need help.

It is not normal to sit around wondering what you can eat, and then proceeding to eat anything to try and solve that mysterous craving.

I am 4"11 and weigh... about 160lbs. WOW. My husband has no idea how much I weigh, He tells me Im beautiful and my first thought is, ha these rolls are not beautiful.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being FAT.

I really need help.

Thanx a bunch

Erica

srmb60 01-18-2012 03:49 PM

Welcome1

You'll find lots of tips and tricks for dealing with your unique situation here at 3FC. Make yourself at home. Read lots and post. We're glad you're here.

mimi86 01-18-2012 03:52 PM

I had the same problem--I was on a see-food diet. See food...eat it! I'd crack open a bag of chips just for a handful and the next thing I knew the bag was empty. I was lucky not to be heavier than I was when I started cutting back, but using calorie counters has helped me a ton. I'm now a master at knowing how to lose lbs at the weight range I'm at now--I lost 10 and went up 5 over the holidays. I got back on track 2 weeks ago and saw results again immediately, just from changing back my diet and starting up exercise again.

It takes hard work and dedication but once you start to see results it's a great motivator! You just have to be patient because it can take a loooong time when you first set out to do it (it took me almost 5 months to lose 10 lbs!!!)

I definitely recommend starting off by counting your calories, diet is really more than half the battle. Good luck to you, and welcome!

free1 01-18-2012 04:14 PM

WELCOME....Many of us here have struggled with having a healthy relationship with food...including me. Food was probably the first thing I thought of every evening and the last thing at night (and all day long). I am typing from a meeting....In the past, I spent the entire meeting waiting for the next meal and wondering when catering would bring the snacks.
Now, I am LEARNING how to have a healthy relationship with food. I first had to do some serious soul searching and prayer. I realized that I ate because I was looking for fulfillment that I wasn't getting from other areas of my life....food was my fun activity of choice. Once I knew why, I had to learn what a healthy relationship with food was. I am still learning. I had to learn that food does not control me and that I was in control of myself. I had to force myself to make better choices. I didn't look down the road. I just made the next best choice. For me it wasn't deprivation or starving myself, I had to teach myself control. I can have 1 cookie but I can't have 7. Until I could control this impulse better, there were some foods that I couldn't have. I had to learn to respond to my belly hunger and not my head cravings. I literally had to ask what part of me was asking for food...my head or my belly. If my belly, then I ate. If my head, I tried not to (can't say I'm always successful).

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. I have a much farther journey than you to go, but it is possible to have a normal relationship. Read the posts here on binge eaters. It took me forever to realize I was a binge eater (it never occurred to me even though I had eaten until I was physically ill). You'll find support and great advice. Big Hugs....:)

patchworkpenguin 01-19-2012 02:01 PM

justalilmore, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!