Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile Hello - newbie looking for support! :)

Hi Everyone! My name is Laura and I have two gorgeous and amazing kiddos and an equally gorgeous and amazing hubby. I am in my early thirties, 5'6" and weigh-in at 223 lbs. I'm dissapointed in myself for letting it get this far but I'm ready to start trying again.

Last year I made the dreaded "New Years Resolution" and I quit about 1 week into it. I think this time I could use some support and that's why I'm here. All of my friends and most of my family (including DH and kids) don't struggle with weight which is a blessing for them, but it leaves me without anyone who understands my struggles. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. I'm in exactly the same spot as you. Setting out with firm intentions but its hard not to waiver when the support isn't there. I'm hoping this forum will become the proverbial "shoulder to lean on". Time will tell....... Good luck with your new journey!
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW12 View Post
Hi there. I'm in exactly the same spot as you. Setting out with firm intentions but its hard not to waiver when the support isn't there. I'm hoping this forum will become the proverbial "shoulder to lean on". Time will tell....... Good luck with your new journey!
Thanks! It looks like we are the same height and have the same goal. I have a bit further to go than you. Good luck on your journey as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #4  

We could maybe make use of each other since we're at similar starting & ending spots.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #5  
New Life, New Me

S/C/G: 245/240/140

Thumbs up Ditto!

Wow, it's a relief to see a few of us have the same story. Not all my friends and family are "thin" per se, but they are all around average at least. I always feel like the odd one out when I try to diet or exercise, and I get more encouragement to "let it slide" rather than to keep at it ever since my main supporter has moved across state. I have made a big effort though and it's been a real struggle on my own. So far I am loving what I am seeing here though and this seems like the support/advice/informational group I've been hoping for without all the judgement and criticism that usually comes hand in hand which the anonymity of the Internet. (I've been browsing the site for days, and since I am home sick I finally joined!) Good luck and best wishes!!
MamaJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #6  

LW12 - Absolutely!

MamaJewel - I'm glad you found a supportive place to be. My family isn't thin either, but they definitely are not 75 lbs overweight such as I.

Looking forward to getting to know you both. It's tricky to figure out what groups to join??
Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #7  
New Life, New Me

S/C/G: 245/240/140

I agree that that part can be confusing... I guess I'm just testing the waters right now still.
MamaJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #8  

Yeah, there are sooo many groups. Right now I'm just looking to connect with a few people (a reason to come back on) & take it from there.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #9  
Newmeb440

Height: 5'6 1/2

Welcome Laura..
I think no matter who we are.. we all start over in January either to lose weight or keep the weight off .. or do something. AS long as we keep trying we cant lose.
Im back for about my 50000time.. lol.
So have faith and take it one day at a time!!!
Best Wishes!!
Grace
LOSINITWITHGRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #10  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

I have found these forums to be so useful and motivating since I joined. I hope you do too. Often I find it difficult to talk about my weight and weightloss goals with people in my everyday life because I fear being judged. It is so nice to be able to commuicate with others who are going through the same struggles and achieving together! Welcome. =)
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #11  
This is my life!

S/C/G: 231/221.6/150

Height: 5 ft 2

Well... since we're all new!! I'm jumping back in this race for the umpteenth time... trying not to look it as a race but like everyone, I WANT IT GONE... NOW!!

We all seem to have similar goals and will have to travel the same road.

2 questions: 1... what are you all planning to do to reach your goals?
and 2... since we are all looking for support and starting now... does anyone know if we can start our OWN forum??
KimG813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #12  

Sure, that's a great idea! We can start it right under "Support Groups". What shall we call our new group??
Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #13  

A new group sounds fantastic, plus its people that have joined the forum at a similar time so we're all "newbies" starting out.
I have been trying to lose weight by eating healthily & calorie counting. I also power walk 3 times a week which I hope to switch up to a run eventually. I also lift kettlebell & dumbbells at home several times a week.
I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend but I'm not dwelling on it. Onwards....
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #14  

OK, I started a group called "January Jewels"! It is under Support Groups.

I would post a link except it says my post count must be 25 or greater.

Hope to see you all there!