Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #1  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Talking Returning to 3FC, Starting PureFoods Gluten-Free

Hi everyone!

(I actually posted this over in the Delivery/Packaged Foods forum and then realized there's an introductions forum and I should re-introduce myself *here* too, so here we go.)

I'm returning to the scene of the crime.

I was a regular poster here back in 2008 while I was on BistroMD. I wrote about my journey in a post at my 3FC blog, Monday evening: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/fullofgrace

As before, I'm going to take photos of the food (PureFoods Gluten-Free plan, this time) and post reviews at my blog. I think it's important -- especially for those of us trying to lose weight on gluten-free plans -- to share good info about what's out there.

Let's see, I started out at 240 in December 2007. I lost 15 pounds by cutting out fast food and watching my portion sizes and eating more frequently in early 2008. I started BistroMD and got down another 20 pounds, added Wii Fit to the mix in the summer of 2008 and went down another 15. By January 2009, I was down 65 pounds and I maintained that loss all through 2009 and into 2010.

Mid-2010, my personal life took some hits and so did my waistline. As of today -- even though I've still maintained it -- I'm up from where I'd LIKE to be (165). I'm probably at 195 right now. I'll weigh myself before the PureFoods delivery shows up next week. But the point is, I did get down to 175... and being 20 pounds above that is not fun, especially since I would have preferred getting down 10 more pounds FROM that 175 that I hit.

So... I begin again and hope to lose 30 pounds over the next six months or so. I still have (and use) my Wii Fit, but not consistently. I'll be hopping back on it maybe even tomorrow, just to give myself the best "running start" possible for this new eating plan.

(BTW, I just have to say, even the act of typing all of that up makes me feel really good about how much I *have* accomplished, as I tend to focus on the BAD part of that, rather than the fact that I have lost -- and kept off -- quite a bit, y'know?)

Wish me luck!

I look forward to reconnecting with those of you who were around back when I was here before, and to meeting those of you who've come around since I went away.

Oh, I'll be updating my tickers next week too. Should be fun! Hee!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi full of Grace. Welcome back! And I agree... best to focus on your accomplishments rather than the set-backs!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on maintaining a large portion of your weight loss. Best of luck on your journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:22 AM   #4  
blissfully gluten-free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Hi full of Grace. Welcome back! And I agree... best to focus on your accomplishments rather than the set-backs!
Boy, I'm trying! Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it!!
Old 12-25-2011, 04:23 AM   #5  
blissfully gluten-free

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on maintaining a large portion of your weight loss. Best of luck on your journey.
Thank you so much! It helps to think of it that way. Better than it could've been. Here I go into a wonderful 2012! Thanks for the welcome (back).