Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #16  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Yay Christy!

The first step is taking the first step!
Remember that if you don't have specific steps towards reaching a goal, that goal is hard to reach.

I'm new too, but my husband knows everything exercise (he's thin- imagine that), and I know a lot about food (one year in college of dietetics, and several years obsessing about dieting). UNFORTUNATELY, you can have all the knowledge in the world, but if you don't apply it, it doesn't help.

If you don't feel like preparing your food, and you're not sure how much and in what proportions to eat, I would rush order a book on Amazon to help you through this process. May I suggest the South beach diet, or the Sonoma diet, or... just use Nutrisystem if you hate cooking (I tried it a couple of years ago, and only lasted a month-- The food is kind of icky). I'm on the Sonoma diet now, and although it requires a lot of cooking, the food is WONDERFUL, and all I have is the cookbook. I'm viewing the first few pages of the official diet book on google books, so I don't stress myself out with ALL OF THE DETAILS.

You should definitely eat more than just veggies. The Vegan lifestyle is one that requires quite a long transition stage, and a lot of research on how to maintain adequate vitamin and mineral levels in your diet.

Remember that if you're eating healthily and in the right proportions, you will not need to over-extend yourself in workouts. You will lose weight more slowly, but you'll keep it off

Sorry for the long reply. Just trying to be supportive
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/260/170

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Make sure to keep coming and posting here and reading the forums. It really helps keep up the motivation when you feel discouraged or tempted to quit.

Try to come up with a healthy plan that is sustainable in the long term--not just today and this week when you're excited about your new diet...but for the long term. For example, think of something you can do for a year. If you can lose an average of 1.5 pounds a week for a year (that's a very healthy, attainable goal especially when starting from 299) then in one year you'll weigh 220 pounds. Imagine how good that would feel! The trick is to find a plan you can follow for that long, and veggies alone won't do it!

There are many diet plans followed by people on this site. The "Diet Central" section of the site has forums dedicated to the most popular types. Good luck and I hope to see you around
severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #18  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

I know what a shock it is to see the scale up so high. 2 years ago i lost 40 pounds and kept it off until about 6 months ago. 9 weeks ago i had lumbar fusion surgery and im slowly getting fatter and fatter by the day.I have to get into routine once again and stick with it. I feel so good when im at a healthy weight. Best of luck to everyone its something we have to work at everyday.
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 299/295/185

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

Thanks everyone for the support!!! Today is day 3 of my new life and I already have more energy!! Drinking all this water and not 1 fast food stop on the way to or from work! THAT was my biggest problem.. So much easier than taking the time to cook, Esp when you work so much and just busy all the time.. I went Grocery shooping today with a LIST.. ( yeah another acomplishment!) And have plans my meals out for the week.. I was smiling in the store!!hahaha .. As Far as only Veggies.. I def couldnt be Vegan.. I love Bacon too much..LOL I just felt like my body was sick and needed some vitamins... And I can tell it has worked!!! again, Im so glad to be here and look forward to meeting lots of people!!!
Christy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote