Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'1"

Default In Need Inspriation, Motivation and Challenges

Hello All,
I have been a member since July, and have been on the website off and on since then. Up until today I have had no real motivation to lose weight. I love food and hate to exercise. Today I accepted a new promotion where I will be in charge of people and need to make presentations in front of managment. I am excited for the new challenges ahead, but deathly afraid of speaking in front of managment. One of the reasons is that I don't like the way I feel in my skin, I don 't like how clothes don't fit me right (in fact I hate shopping for clothes). My hope is that the 3FC forum will inspire me and give me the motivation and needed challenge to get the weight off for good.

The ironic thing is the company I work for is a medical device company that makes parts for heart disease, diabetes, etc.
fittby40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your promotion!!!!
There are many challenge threads that you can join on this forum.
My piece of advice for you is to throw the word 'motivation' out the window. Motivation may get you started but it will not carry you through out your journey. You need to replace that with commitment. Commitment everyday to having the 'best' day you can. You will not be perfect, not many of us are, but if you have a bad day or meal do not let this be a reason go give up. Hop right back on the next meal.
It has taken me 9 months to lose 56 lbs, that is a long time and let me tell you, I have had many bad days, weeks, months but it took commitment to meeting my goal to keep me going and to pick myself up when I fell off the wagon.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #3  
Diet Time:

S/C/G: 255/255/160

Height: 5'0

I've been "dieting" for years, then I would just give up. It's finally my time to change. I look in the mirror and I have to wear hoodies and sweats to feel comfortable. I look awful but I just don't care. I'm so happy for your promotion! and I feel like if I can do it this time without falling down, ****. Anyone can do it. I love food, but food doesn't love me. Do what you can, every little bit counts! I believe in you. Don't let temptation get the best of you.
Will Power
Will Power
Will Power!

and Lots of water. :]
Ksoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
My piece of advice for you is to throw the word 'motivation' out the window. Motivation may get you started but it will not carry you through out your journey. You need to replace that with commitment. Commitment everyday to having the 'best' day you can.

I sooo ... agree with that piece of advice. People get so stuck on the idea that they need a special kind of motivation. If they can't find one, then they give themselves permission to give up/quit. I started this journey for myself, to be healthier, to feel better in my skin, but COMMITMENT & sheer determination is what will carry you through ...

and this ...

Weight Loss does not take Perfection. It takes Persistence.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-01-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote