3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello, my name is Marina, I am a recovering Food Addict (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/247575-hello-my-name-marina-i-am-recovering-food-addict.html)

Prissypear 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Hello, my name is Marina, I am a recovering Food Addict

Hello everybody. My name is Marina and I'm a recovering food addict. I have been in OA for two years, this year I'm completing my fourth step. It has been difficult and taken as long as two months for me to complete. I am currently looking for meetings in my area so that I can tell someone about my fourth step. I feel like I cannot move on until I do. It has been a struggle as I am without a car and job, but I am trying my best.

I weighed 350 a year ago, today I discovered I am down to 280 - pure joy! I made a commitment to take responsibility for my depression and ill health. It's not easy and sometimes I have to seek God, other times I have to reach out to people. Still, I keep on the road to recovery with the hope I help others by changing/helping myself.

I just started the gym, I go six days a week and enjoy it. All my life I was so afraid to go, now I wonder why. Everybody was new there once, everybody just wants to be healthy. Most people respect you for trying. Those people who don't respect others or make fun of them, probably haven't the correct notion or clue as to why they are in a gym.

I currently live with two addicts. One is an alcoholic, the other addicted to prescript drugs. They are my parents. I also had to deal with this in high school, as an adult I never realized their addictions caused mine, but it did and I find myself back home as a result of poor choices and abuse. Much older, and confronting it all. It has made me stronger, but not until after I was broken.

I am artist. I draw, paint, and write. For this reason my real name is a variation of the original. Yes, this is my name, just a different form of it. Everything else is out there and brutally honest.

I look forward to meeting people, helping others, and receiving great advice from like minds. So here is to us, and may our burdens become lighter and may be become happier!

;)

chocolateluv 11-23-2011 03:55 PM

Wow, you are an inspiration. I am struggling with food-I always think about it and I'm always wanting it. It is the only thing that makes me feel at this point. I don't like to go out with friends and just feel in general ugly.

However, reading your story and that you are working hard to make changes motivates me to want to make changes. Thanks for posting and I know you can achieve your goals. You are making great strides and I'm so happy I stumbled upon your post.

Good luck and let me know if you need any support!
You can do it!!

Sincerely,
Chocolateluv

BellaLucia 11-23-2011 04:36 PM

Good for u Marina, keep working hard!