Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #1  
julieb

S/C/G: 210/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Want to get my life started...again!

Hello, my name is julie. I found this site a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month ago and joined. I am 46 and i have gained 60 lbs in the past 2 years. I also became prediabetic and my dr wants me to lose this weight. She said i can probably turn it around by doing so. I started at 210 and i am at 190 but now I'm stuck. I start eating and gain a couple lbs then lose it and get stuck again right at 190!!! I'm 5'8 and I don't look terribly overweight but i cant stand it. What really sucks is my ex husband is a personal trainer!!! Lol!!! I feel like I have put my life on hold till i lose this weight. I find myself isolating, and when i get home from work i watch tv. I used to be very active. I guess im looking for some hope and maybe some good friends along the way. Hope to talk to you soon!
na3309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #2  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Hey Juile ------ best of look!!! Getting diagnosed as a pre-diabetic is hard but kudos to you for checking into your health. I know I should get my fasting glucose checked but am soooooo afraid to. It's a good idea to get this under control before another 2 years passes and another 60 lbs creeps up. That was my problem, extra 20 lbs a year? No problem. Over 4 years... big problem. Nothing feels better than being in shape and feeling good about yourself so I hope you do well and get your life back!!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/306/160-175

Height: 6'1"

Hey Julie, My name is Nicole. I stumbled across this website recently and decided to take control of my life. I'm just starting this weight loss journey and I've found its great to set goals for your weight loss, but in the beginning every pound counts, that's whats helping me hold onto every week and weigh in I do.
nicole08xox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

First, CONGRATS on your 20lb loss. That is amazing! Second, it is natural for your body to lose and gain a few pounds, frustrating, but generally normal. Keep at it, do not let this be a reason for you to give up! The scale will move eventually.
Third - Your live does NOT need to stop because you feel bad about your weight. Love yourself, you deserve it. Go out and have fun.
Fourth - Make a few goals for yourself. Like three nights a week, instead of going home and watching TV you will take a walk first or do something active before sitting in front of the TV.
Best of luck to you girl.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome na3309 and good luck. You said in your post that you start eating and gain. You must eat, it is what you eat that is important. Do you have a diet and exercise plan ? No need to put your life on hold find a diet plan that you will do and stick with it. You can be successful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote