Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Red face Much needed help...feeling stuck :(

Hi everyone!!!

This is the first place I thought of when I said to myself "it's now or never"! I'm having difficulties getting motivated. I currently weigh 290 pounds, and need to get rid of 125 pds. No exact time frame, however I do want to get pregnant in the next year and at this weight, I'm not comfortable doing that.

I have a bowflex machine downstairs, with a tonne of different workout videos (ie - hip hop abs).

What got YOU motivated and kept you on track???
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Knowing that I HAD to lose some weight for my health got me going. Seeing success on the scale helped keep me on track at first but COMMITMENT every day has been the key to my long term healthier lifestyle. Thow out the word 'motivation' and replace it with commitment. Commit every day to making the best choice you can. Does that mean your going to be perfectly on plan all the time? Probably not but keep trying.
Find a food plan you can follow long term that fits in your lifestyle. Use that boflex and the DVD. Breaking my weight loss down into small mini goals has reAlly helped me too!
Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Last edited by NEMom; 10-19-2011 at 07:50 PM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

What got me started/motivated was seeing a photo of myself. I put that photo next to a photo of me from 5 years ago and I was horrified.

What keeps me going is the fact that I have so much more energy now that I'm exercising, eating really well, and carrying around less fat on my body.

I have two big trips planned; one in November and one in March. I've bought some size 16 pants for my November trip (they fit now) and some size 14 pants for my March trip. I have the size 14 pants hanging up above my treadmill as motivation.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote