Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #1  

Default Um, hi?

I'm a little confused. I've made a few posts, but no responses. Is this not a busy community? I thought it was. Of course I may just be out of the loop....

I'm trying to lose about 30+ pounds but it's just not happening. Thought this would be a good place to start.
brumblebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I think you must be looking in the wrong places for your responses...all of your posts have had replies!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ght-issue.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...276-howdy.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens...ml#post4074936
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #3  

Default oops?

OMGosh! I thought I had the auto email notification on, but I guess it was off. I'm a dummy. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #4  

Wait a sec.... this is odd... I think i first registered on this site last year, but my profile says I just did. Perhaps I'm confused. I thought I registered and lurked. Do accounts get purged if you don't post?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You aren't showing as an existing member of any kind - if you went through the registration process, you're a new user. Did you go through registration recently, or a year ago?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #6  

well, I think i did it a year ago and lurked for a while and then something sparked me to come back recently It's no bug deal, I don't mind starting over. "member since" isn't a badge for me, it just struck me as odd. No worries. Thanks tho.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You actually may have done both. I joined for the first time, I believe more than 12 years ago. When I came back, I remembered my user id (ckcwolf) but couldn't remember my old password - and my email and physical address had changed several times. Rather than contacting the administrators to help me re-activate the old account, and explaining that I couldn't remember what info I had used to open it - I just decided to "start fresh."

I've worked with customer identification software and the computer coding - and can tell you that even small differences in data can prevent customer id software from recognizing you as the same person. If you went through the registration process and entered all the same data (exactly identically) the system would recognize you as the same person who registered a year ago - but if there were minor differences, the differences could be enough for the programs to not recognize you as that person. For example if your address, email address or phone number had changed.

I don't know if my old user id is still valid, but I couldn't access it unless I remembered my old password or the information I used to open the account. I'm guessing I could also re-register at any time using a slightly different username, and just by varying the registration information become (as far as 3FC is concerned) two different people (or I guess if ckcwolf is still active, technically 3 people).

Last edited by kaplods; 10-17-2011 at 10:39 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote