Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'0

Exclamation College student who has all the tools she needs to lose weight just need help

I am currently in college and have access to a fully equipped gym. I am currently 5'0 and last time I weighed myself I was 135. My heaviest I have ever been. For as long as I could remember I never had a flat sexy stomach. That is my number one goal to get out of all this. I am a junk food addict. However I somehow miraculously cut out soda from my diet altogether since I started school in Aug. I sometimes get the urge to binge and always give in to my cravings...then feel sick afterwards. I will then go into a few good days with exercise and water. The binging comes into play when I have no motivation because I don't see much progress.
My gym routine usually consists of weights and cardio. I have about 65 days to get in the best shape to wow my boyfriend (who encouraged me to this site), friends and family back home this christmas.
Can this site be the answer to help with my weight loss, binging habits, and motivational inspiration?

Last edited by BMXgf; 10-16-2011 at 10:29 PM.
BMXgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

This is a great place for motivation - stick around! There are a ton of forums and groups to check out.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Yes it can
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #4  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

I'm in the same boat as you, I have all the tools and time to dedicate myself to my weight loss but for some reason I can't get it going. Maybe we can help motivate each other!!! We can do it!!

Don't give up, I'm trying not too
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #5  

Thanks for the Support!!
Any tips to stop the binge.....so far so good for today!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/209/140

Height: 5'5"

What has kind of helped me stop the binge is looking at photos of thin me than looking in the mirror. I know that sounds depressing but it gets me going haha. Also I have noticed reading a magazine or going on a walk takes your mind off binges. If that doesn't try something yummy and small like popcorn! :hugs:
brittanyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #7  

No that sounds like a great idea!. I tend to do it on my "rest days". Once I start to think about sweets the feeling is uncontrollable...i.always.give.in....Ill try going on a run or doing some squats instead, haven't tried that yet!
THANK YOUUU<3
Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #8  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

My motivation is being a parent. By all means don't go having a baby to motivate yourself to lose weight. lol

Honestly, beside vanity and being a parent and wanting to set a better example... My motivation is health. My mother and her mother are diabetic, my 13 year old brother is pre diabetic with high cholesterol, and my father (who has never been in my life, but his brother is in my life, so I find things out) is diabetic and a few months ago he lost his right leg to diabetes.

I also have dreams of marriage and more children, and the fact of the matter is a majority of men simply are not interested in women my size. So if I want to even have a chance at a (semi) 'happily ever after' I need to lose weight.

I am a meal planner. It's not easy. But what I have done is with each new meal I prepare and enjoy, I write it down in a notebook with the serving size points value. I now have 2.5 notebook pages of foods and meals written out. I also blog the recipes so I don't forget them, because I ALWAYS tweak recipes.

I plan meals for 2 weeks out. I have my layout and I pull out 2 of them, which cover a full week, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I plan meals and then shop for the items these meals call for if I don't already have them. I add a few other things like fruits and veggies for snacking, my veggie chips, diet sodas and such, and that's it. I do NOT buy ANYTHING that is not on my shopping list, no matter how tempting it may be.

I have, since beginning my weight loss journey, lost 50lbs and so I now have a 'before' pic that is pretty significant. I also have a recent body shot of myself. If I'm having a rough day, I look at those pictures a LOT to show myself that no matter how slow the process is, it IS paying off.

Hope I've given you some ideas.

Last edited by Princess Squish; 10-17-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #9  

Thats sounds GREAT! I've managed to control my bad shopping habits with my dining dollars at the campus food store. I make sure to only buy the healthy food. Planning meals ahead of time might help me from thinking about other "bad" food since I already know what i am eating next.
My progress pictures help me too because i get in those days where I feel nothing is changing. These are great ideas!
keep em coming! <3