Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  
http://www.3fatchicks.com

S/C/G: 227/189/135

Height: 5'8

Default Trying to get healthy after the losing my teenage son (part 2)

Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the great support on here and all of your encouraging words. I am still trying to figure this site out but I am sure in that will come in due time.

Anyways these last couple of weeks have been an really emotional one for me and my family. My son would have been a Senior this year and was a huge part of his High School Football team, so there were a lot of memorials going on for him. Then one of his close friends wrote an article on him in the school paper and some of my kids couldn't bare to go to school the rest of that day, due to all the questions and the constant conversations about their brother. They know this is an honor that their brother touched so many lives but the reality is finally hitting all of us that he is never coming back.

On a positive note we have all realized how short life is and we all want to be around as long as we possibly can for one another. So our health and weight has becoming quiet the topic of conversation lately in our household. Everyone is on the track to becoming healthier and we all know this is what Austin wanted not only for me but for everyone. I started this journey with my son being my main supporter at 227 pounds last night I weighed in and I am at 185 pounds, this felt so great because I was maintaining for about a month at 190 pounds. I am extremely excited about this and hope I can continue this for him. I love you Austin every second of every day!!! (Love MOM) Again thanks everyone thought I would just share my good news with you all!!!

Thanks,
NuttyAutty
NuttyAutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thank you for sharing these important events in your life. I haven't experienced losing a child but my brother has and suddenly like your son. My mother has also lost a child although after an illness , either way the loss is extremely hard to bear. My mother and brother have learned to move forward although there is no forgetting the loss. Try and think of the good times and be grateful for the years you have had with your son. He sounds like a remarkable boy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I so happy you checked back in and that you and your family are working on weight loss and getting healthier together. This is such a rough time for all of you, nothing not even time will heal the pain of your loss but one day at a time, you will make through as a family.
All my best to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote