3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello there! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/243654-hello-there.html)

KittyKatFan 09-22-2011 09:51 PM

Hello there!

What a great site. I think it will be very valuable for me to know that there are other people out there who are struggling to lose weight and get healthy.

Two times in my life, I have lost more than 100 lbs. Two times in my life, I have gained back the weight. This time around, things are going to be different because they need to be different. I don't want to die because of obesity-related problems. And I'm tired of having my life controlled by my weight. I consider myself to be a smart, independent person, yet every single morning for as long as I remember, my first thought is about my weight. This issue has controlled me, ruined my self-esteem and self-confidence, and has kept me from forming solid, long-term relationships, both friendships and romantic relationships. I have felt like a pathetic mess for the past decade and it's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it.

I have been on my current weight loss program since July 15 of this year. I didn't get on the scale when I first started, but I know how much I weighed earlier this year and I want to lose at least 130 lbs. If I reach that goal, then I'll see how I look and feel, and possibly try to lose 30 more.

I am watching my calories and am exercising 5 times per week. I'm up to 3.75 miles per day and I have joined a gym again. I'm thinking about seeing a counselor to help with my constant thoughts about food and weight issues. And I am going to do what I can to change my life for the better.

In 2010, I lost my father, I was miserable in my last job, and miserable where I was living. While I miss my dad - my mom died in 2001 and I have no siblings - I did land a job with a good company and moved to a different state. So far, I am much happier in my new job and new location. While I have difficulties making friends because of self esteem issues and because I'm just naturally shy, I am going to do what I can to become active and join some clubs and professional associations. And even though I don't have any travel partners, I'm not going to let that stop me from taking a nice vacation later this year...just don't know where to go yet!

Well, that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, but I do look forward to participating on this site. Thanks for letting me join.

Lovely 09-22-2011 10:48 PM

Welcome to 3FC =)

You aren't alone when it comes to weight loss.... and weight gain. I once lost over 100 pounds only to gain much of it back.

Congratulations on watching your calories and getting in regular exercise :) Have a look around and post where you're comfortable

Best of wishes on your journey~

NEMom 09-23-2011 09:36 AM

Welcome to the forum! So sorry for your losses but I am happy to hear you are in a better place in you life now.
Best of luck on your weight loss journey! You will find a ton of support on this forum!