3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New-Finally joining (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/243648-new-finally-joining.html)

powerfullme 09-22-2011 05:53 PM

New-Finally joining

Well after a long time of browsing this forum and being inspired from all of you, I had to join :)
This is all new to me and quite frankly I never used a forum before and don't know where I should be posting, so if newbie over here should be posting somewhere else please let me know hehe.

About me... Im 35 soon to be 36 ( how time flies when you hit 30) married for 10yrs now, no children yes I know the clock is ticking :D
I managed to lose 60lbs last year and of those I've gained 38 back, with that said I went through some rough patches and that’s how I lost the weight completely unhealthy as I was not eating much at all, which is surprising for me because I’m an emotional eater, bored eater and just a kill time eater (I know it’s bad).
I've decided counting calories is what works best for me, because as soon as you tell me no I can't have a certain food, well...that's when I have to have it and not only 1 serving. DH learnt that this applies to my day to day life too and let's just say he's using to his advantage lol.

I Log my daily calories on my fitness pal app. on my cell, which works well for me since I carry it with me all the time and tells me the calories on different foods.
Yes I’m rambling on, I’m sorry.
DH is counting his calories too, but I feel I have to be his rock and when I'm having a bad day I don't want to turn to him as it discourages his journey. So when it comes to support for me well, I chose "you" :hug:
So since I started Sept 12th I've lost 5lbs, which makes me super happy, Yes I’m determined to get this weight off my back and not just exist but live my life!!

So here I am hoping to count on all of you and you can bet I'll always be here for you!!!

LisaLou 09-22-2011 06:07 PM

Hi! Welcome!

We've got a lot in common. Funny how you find people with similarities. I also use MFP on my cell. It's so awesome to have it handy. No excuses not to track my food! There's a lot of groups around here, take some time to look around and see if you feel comfortable in one or five... :) We also have a Calorie Counting group that you may find very useful. I'm enjoying it.

Hope to get to know you better. Wishing you well on your journey.

Lisa

powerfullme 09-22-2011 06:15 PM

Thanks Lisa :hug:
Yes I love the app on my cell, I don't know what I would do without it, keeps me sane.. somewhat :D

It's great so find people you have things in common with and understand what you're going through. I must admit I managed to be a bit of a hermit b/c of my weight. But watch out world here I come :D

Cristina

Lovely 09-22-2011 06:59 PM

Welcome to 3FC :hug:

Glad to have you join us on your journey! Congrats on making changes, and we'd love to help support you :D

Best of wishes~

powerfullme 09-22-2011 07:04 PM

Thanks Lovely :hug:
I'm very excited and looking forward to this journey, I know it wont be easy but it can be done!!
I've been looking around and the biggest looser challenge seems something I would like to join in, but I guess it's to late to join?

Cristina

Lovely 09-22-2011 07:15 PM

It might be too late currently to join one in progress. However, I happen to know that new Biggest Loser Challenges are usually in rolling cycles. There are plenty of other challenges currently running (There's even a Chicks up for a Challenge section!) that you can definitely join in the meantime while waiting to join a newer Biggest Loser Challenge when they open.

Just keep your eyes peeled.

girlvet 09-22-2011 08:10 PM

Welcome! Good luck on your journey!