Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #1  

Location: Varies I travel a lot grew up on the reservation Currently in Oklahoma wife of a Military Officer so we go where the Airforce dictates

S/C/G: 218pounds/218pounds

Height: 5ft8

Default Started Walking Didn't like what I saw

So Hi this is kind of embaressing but what better place to discuss weight and losing then with other women? Guys I guess don't understand, especially not my husband who can eat what he wants and not gain a pound (that goes for the entire dang family)

My issue is I became depressed and came to rely on food to overcome it and then the habit stuck, 2 1/2 years ago I was in an accident that put me in a wheelchair I broke my back (L2 and L3) a leg all my ribs, a binary skull fracture. and I did break an arm (Opposite of the leg) from the leg plus tearing of all the ligaments in my knee of the broken leg. I had a 1200 pound animal that fell over and I landed underneath him. The incident came at a bad time because despite it all My Husband was forced to deploy for a time and I was given the news walking was not an option for me...I was relying on parents who moved up (Who I could not stand to live with when I was healthy and it only got worse when I was moody) and a Home nurse who I despised because she addressed me like one of her helpless elderly patients that suffered from senility..If I had crutches I may have whacked her with one..I admit I was bitter..and food became my best friend..I developed from this various health issues including fibromyalgia and arthritis in the breaks...but amazing enough Through a miracle I was up on my feet despite Drs saying it would not happen (after being humiliated with having to be bathed helped on the toliet ect...) worked my way through physical therapy and though I still needed the chair for after some surgery...I walked to my husband when he returned and I hugged him....I went up to 218 pounds I went from a size 10 Jeans which fit well to a 16-18 depending on cut and brand (A big jump for me) and I drank cokes like they were going out of style

NOW after surgery... I have started ballet (Been 2 weeks 3 days a week) and I am now CONSIDERING on going to try the Insanity workout... my issue with food is I don't absorb properly.... digestion is off so totally need suggestions ...also any pointers for water?? Ugh I know I need to drink more but Goodness... *makes a face*If it isn't filtered through tea bags I really don't care for it much...anyway that is me in a nutshell and why I am here for gals looking to loose and share secrets and read success stories because I have been trying for the past few months and it seems no matter WHAT I do I can NOT lose the weight!!!!!
Lakota Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #2  

Location: Varies I travel a lot grew up on the reservation Currently in Oklahoma wife of a Military Officer so we go where the Airforce dictates

Really Brown?? so Tea is just as good?? any other suggestions?? and WHERE do you get that spifft bar at the bottom!?!?! I do use stevia from my plant though... But I am amazed at this site with all it has right down to PCOS!!!!!! I nearly fainted! (A good faint!!!) I have a lot of health problems so I can gather tips from others I am EXCITED
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You will find lots of information and support on this site.

Regarding the ticker, when you have been here 20 days and have made 20 posts, it will be available to you through the User Profile.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the forums! Good on you overcoming all your problems and taking the first steps towards a new you-what a star! The first steps are always the hardest, but stick at it, you'll be glad you did.

I find that writing down exactly what Im eating throughout the day really helps, especially if I dont seem to be losing at all. Calories creep in all over the place without you even realising! Sometimes I'll be browsing through the kitchen cupboards and think to myself 'oh I'll just have a few chilli coated peanuts' and bam, at least 50 calories added on in seconds. :P

Take your time and keep at it girl!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome!

Yep. Tea counts as water! It's water, after all. It's just hot water.

Make sure to avoid dumping tons of sugar in it, of course.

There are a lot of people on 3FC with all manner of obstacles or lifestyles, so you should definitely be able to connect with others dealing with some similar situations.

Best of wishes on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

You sure don't lack for determination.
It might take a while, but there is no doubt you will reach your goal.
You are your own best coach, teacher and advocate.
Yay for you!!
Your core is a tower of strength.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #7  

Tea is not just water - it has steeped tea leaves and things come out from them and go into the water. Any liquid is good for you but plain water is still the best.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #8  

Welcome! I was thinking about the insanity workout too. It looks really intense. Keep us updated with how it works for you!
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #9  

I was going to do green tea cold...I don't dump sugar I have a stevia plant that I make stevia out of (Her name is Alexis and she doesn't mind as long as I talk to her and water her and when I report her give her the potting soil she likes) well Dang Susan I was so hopeful for the idea of Tea! When I was younger I got really sick off water (Water poisoning) Don't laugh it happens so now water just the taste makes me sick... to me it has a taste.. we have a well so it always comes out nice and cold but I just blech... will have to try adding lemon juice... I was told no crystal light by my ballet teacher, apparantly something about aspertame is bad with someone like me seriously trying to lose.

Beth I sure will I found a way to burn it for FREE... any serious about it but do not want to invest because of the price I will be GLAD GLAD GLAD to share! I have it on the computer I am going to pick up some blank DVDs now to burn them so I can do them in the living room. What gets me if you watch the people doing them all of them are already fit pffft they need 'average' looking people that are not already ripped!!!!!once I get them burned I will be starting and will start a thread on here I will link and daily try to document how I feel so you can keep up!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!!!!!!