Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #1  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Talking 30-ish with 30+ to lose... Hello my name is Melissa and I'm a recovering meal skipper

So... here I am 32 years old and still on the perpetual roller coaster I call "weight loss". I have been overweight, underweight, and overweight again... all because of unhealthy LEARNED habits...

I am a pretty active person but for some reason have a real problem losing weight. I started doing the Insanity workout program. It is by far the hardest program I have ever tried but seeing others results keeps me motivated... At the start I quick drinking soda and lost 5 pounds... but I soon realized that if I am truly looking for a lifestyle change I had to commit to it, and soda wasn't my only bad habit.

I was under a deluded perception that it was fine to eat nothing all day.... I have never been a breakfast or lunch eater and when dinner rolls around I generally eat healthy. What I have learned is that I am sabotaging my results by putting by body in starvation mode. Even though I was eating healthy my body was storing everything... not good... I found that was the reason I developed gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy, and continuing this would lead me into a high risk category of developing full blow diabetes.

I decided that I need to implement a "lifestyle" change for lasting results so I can finally exit this crazy ride! I have been on Insanity for a month but with this new "eating knowledge" I started over at day one on the two week mark... so officially I have been dieting and using Insanity for 19 days. The results up until this point have honestly exceeded my expectations!!

To top it off... I just decided to quit smoking, which is monumental for me..

One of 3 things must be happening...

A. I have developed "WWC" (Wonder Woman complex)... Overcoming each of the obstacles in my life head on, all at once... not one at a time... no baby steps.... conquering diet, exercise, and smoking all in true super hero fashion with the wave of a hand.

B. I am having a "IA2SA" (I Ain't 20 Something Anymore) crisis.... I better be fixing the **** while there is still some "fixing" left... I ain't getting any younger... and it is only gonna get harder from here on out...

OR....

C. The body snatchers have invaded. Extra terrestrial forces have began their invasion of earth. In an attempt to wipe man kind out, they are invading our body and minds transforming us into conformist drones....

I think I am leaning towards "C" LOL....

Hahahaha Just kidding! I am just honestly surprised at the "domino" effect I am seeing. I Mean it is absolutely crazy how you can change one thing and within a short period of time everything falls into place on it's own... with you striving to succeed at it. I have never whole heartily attempted "diet", INSANE exercise, and not smoking, individually let alone ALL AT ONCE... and if I did, I only used minimal effort required to "somewhat try". But it is crazy now. I want to do them and succeed on my own... not because someone is telling me to... because I want to... weird huh!?! so uncharacteristic for me... This must be what "turning over a new leaf" feels like...
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Great attitude! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #3  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
Great attitude! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!!
Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  
Completely INSANE

anyone want or need a chat buddy to stay on track?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #5  
Completely INSANE

Anyone.... Hello.... can anyone relate to my story? I would like to find a few like minded people to bounce Ideas and methods off of... like a little online support group!?! We can keep each other motivated and on track...