3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Questions.. :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/241560-questions.html)

sickof300 08-23-2011 08:31 PM

Questions.. :)

Im new and i have logged my food intake today. I thought i would share it with everyone and get opinions to see if im on the right track. ANY HELP IS WANTED.

Breakfast: 2 packs of spongebob gummies
Calories: 160
Fat Cals: 0
Fat: 0
Carbs: 38g
Sugar: 24g

Lunch: Turkey & Cheese Sand. w/ Doritos
Calories: 517
Fat Cals: 195
Fat: 22g
Carbs: 48g
Sugar: 7g

Snack: Pickle..and a soda :(
Calories: 180
Fat:0g
Carbs: 45g
Sugar: 44g

Dinner: Small amount of Baked Chicken..(my Pa cooked it so idk the Cals or Carbs in it)
Steamed Veggies
Large Salad: lettuce, Tomato only..w/Thousand Island<3
Pickle.

I drink Diet sodas only. Sept the soda i had today bc My grandpa bought a few glassed sodas and i drank one :(

spetty 08-23-2011 09:01 PM

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way an expert, medical or otherwise, but since you asked for opinions here are mine:

Depending on what the calorie count was for your dinner, you may be eating too few calories. I found it easier at the beginning to pick a larger number of calories for the day (around 1900) and then work down slowly (now I'm at around 1600). I wasn't hungry at the beginning so I was able to stay on plan.

I have also heard (again not an expert) that if you eat too few calories and then have a bad day, your body will store a lot more of the food from your bad day because its in starvation mode.

I would also suggest trying to get more out of your breakfast. I was not a breakfast person before I started calorie counting, but having a good breakfast (I usually have a good cereal or oatmeal) really helps me stay on track for lunch. I'm also a calorie hoarder in that I'm afraid that I'll run out by the end of the day so I eat less earlier on. This left me with a lot of calories at the end of the day that I used on unhealthy stuff because I could.

I would also check the nutrition on the dressing, it can have more calories than you're expecting. If you love thousand island then you absolutely can find a way to fit in, but you may want to shop around for a lower fat option.

Finally (I swear this is my last thought) I would try to guesstimate calories, even when you're having something homemade (and this can be very frustrating for some people who really want to be accurate but I think its important). There are a number of different places you can look up nutritional info (myfittnesspal is one that I use). It probably won't be accurate, but at least you'll have some idea of how much you're consuming.

I know that was a lot, so thanks for sticking with me. I've been calorie counting for almost 2 months now and it was a pain in the beginning but its much easier now and its helped me a TON. Good luck!!

124chicksinger 08-23-2011 09:53 PM

Spetty, you are one smart cookie and a good read! I enjoyed your response and learned some things too. @sickof300, gummies does not a nutritious breakfast make. Clearly, you like something chewy and sweet. I would think a toasted english muffin with some pb&j would be better, nutritionwise, than 2 packs of gummi bobs. (No judgment here tho.) You could probably have had the suggested sandwich, plus a few gummis to top you off. The Doreetos probably have a lot of sodium and maybe fat too...you'd be better with blue corn chips, and add some volume to your sandwich with veggies. I don't know what program you're following, or just counting calories, and I don't know a whole heck of a lot, but these are my opinions. I do wish you well.

sickof300 08-23-2011 10:12 PM

Spetty: I REALLY appreciate your opinions! and trust me you can never say too much to me, Im very determined so everything counts. and im taking what you said very serious. :) again thanks! and feel free to help me whenever. :)

124chicksinger: weeeell yes i do love the gummies but also it was very quick.
I think tomorrow ill have something better, prly the whites of boiled egg and toast. :) Yeh i didnt include the lettuce and tomato in the description but i did have it on my sandwich. Doritos yea i think that was the worst part of my lunch. so agreeed! Im not following any program just gonna count my calories for now i suppose. :) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! feel free to help me anytime.

ERHR 08-23-2011 10:17 PM

I have found watching my sugar intake to be VERY effective in my weight loss. I also watch carbs, but I'm most restrictive about sugar (< 15 g/day). I suggest you transition into eating more "real food" - not the gummies or chips - and try to focus on eating a good amount of protein. That will help you feel more full. You're doing fine for a start - try to incorporate changes slowly so they don't feel overwhelming.

sickof300 08-23-2011 10:29 PM

ERHR: Thank you. :) My sugar levels are always pretty low sept with the gummies. lol.. i check my blood sugar level daily w/ my Dad hes diabetic
like today my levels were 88,90,91. they used to be up in the 200s but i got it down. :)