Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/293/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi From Texas

I am in the DFW area of texas. I am a mom of 2 boys (9 and 11), also have my twin nephews(17) living with me. I have been looking around the board and couldn't figure out which area I fit into, so I just went general. I am 40, Christian, and alternative. I am a stock broker that works in a call center. I dye my hair various colors, and have been working on pink chunks of late.

I weigh 305 and badly need to lose a bunch of weight. I am 40 and have have been overweight by varying degrees since I was 6. My husband has never had a weight problem and is just oblivious as to how to help motivate me. He is very competitive and it always turns into a competition. I have explained to him I just need a little prodding and positive words.

I am exhausted all the time, on blood pressure meds, and my youngest son just told me the other day he does not want me to die. So, once I wiped the tears away I decided I had to do something, cause I dont want to die either.
Crochet Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

No need to fit neatly into any one area! There's a 40-something's section, a faith-based area, an Alternachicks section, a 300+ Club, a 100lb Club...Post in one or all or anywhere in-between. No need to be picky. Heck the more the merrier!

Have you thought about the type of food plan or movement plan that would fit your life? Or any changes you're interested in making?

We love to help support and encourage! So glad you found the forums, and hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/293/150

Height: 5'6"

I think at this point in my life I need to start making small changes that I can stick with and add new changes as I adjust to those. I have tried all different diet plans, WW, Jenny Craig, pills, fad diets. Right now I want to find a new lifestyle I can stick with forever. I want to lose at a pace that will allow some shrinkage of the skin. I am going to start walking every day, either with my walking DVD or outside. It is hard to walk outside here this time of year, it has been 100+ for the last 18 days straight. We have a ton of exercise DVDs, including P90X, but I just cannot keep up with most of them. My final goal is to be able to keep up with the P90X all the way through.
Crochet Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180.2/180.2/150

Height: 5'3

Good Luck!!!! Stay positive
tinac806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

and good luck!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote