Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #1  
a work in progress :)

S/C/G: 244/234/140

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up Rock bottom means the only way is up right??

Hi, I'm Shiloh. And I'm a fat chick (hi Shiloh) lol It actually feels good to confess it. I even put a real picture as my avatar. Unlike my pics on FB where I have trained myself to shoot from above and to the side at odd impossible angles to make it look like I have a jawline still

I've been overweight for a little over 10 years now. Sadly I always thought I was fat when I was in high school, because I was a size 12 and all my friends were a size 6. Who cares that I was a few inches taller than them and much more muscular. In my mind I saw myself as huge. And now I actually am

I've only really dieted once before, using (a brand name of shake that isn't bought in grocery stores which isn't to be named), which I thought was great. I felt great and I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. And then I couldn't afford it anymore and I gained it all back in half the amount of time. This time I want to lose weight eating real food. For me its the only way. I need to come to terms with food and change my relationship with food. I think I've finally gotten to a place in my life where I can't pretend like food is a comfort to beyond the 3 seconds that its in my mouth. I'm lethargic and I don't like looking at myself anymore. I don't recognize myself anymore. This isn't me.

I'm a single mom of 2 boys and I want to have the energy to keep up with them when they get older. I don't want diabetes like my dad has. I don't want arthritis and a lifetime of yo-yo dieting like my mom does. I want to go skydiving and ziplining. Something I can't do at my present weight. I want to run and dance and feel really alive.

And I will.

My plan is to eat healthy. Pretty obvious right? It's simple yet difficult, especially with 2 kids. I'm thinking an Eat to Live/Mediterranean Diet combo. Nothing strict or specific to follow. I can't handle that. I get frustrated when I'm limited or have restrictions. So the basics of my eating plan are whole foods. Lots of green smoothies. A little bit of chicken and fish. Almost never red meat (which is easy, I only recently started eating meat again after four years as a sad excuse of a vegetarian living off of mac n cheese and cheese pizza. yes I noticed the prominence of cheese there lol).

For exercise, I plan to do a lot of hiking. Thankfully I love hiking and have done enough not quite consistently that its enjoyable. I'm still out of shape, but not nearly as bad as I could be. I also want to buy a bike soon so I can go riding with my boys. And I bought zumba dvd's which looks like so much fun, but I've been too embarrassed to really try. Even at home alone lol I'm embarrassed of myself, how sad is that?

So that's me, sorry if this was long. It was like my official starting confession and I needed to say it out loud, so to speak. I'm hoping this is a place that I can go for support and encouragement.

Good luck everyone on your goals!
lagorditadecolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

You sound like you have a very sensible food and movement plan, which is truly great! There are so many sections around 3FC that you're sure to find support and encouragement.

You absolutely can do this! Can't wait to see you around the boards
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Good luck on your journey! Sounds like a good plan you have! You will find plenty of support here!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcomes ladies Looking forward to getting to know you all better as I continue along my journey.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #5  
Junk Warrior

S/C/G: 275/241/180

Height: 5'10

welcome!!! we weight exactly the same lol Good luck on your journey!
BowandArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #6  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

Height: 5'4"

Welcome & good luck!
<----Calorie counter here. With serious walking (I'm dog sitting 3 dogs + have my own + currently holding 2 foster dogs) I'm working off some serious calories! Do what works for you.
ScottieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

Sounds like you know what you're doing!
You should totally promise yourself somekind of Xtreme holidaying adventure as a reward for meeting your goal! Keep you motivated!
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #8  

Thanks ladies and Cecelia my reward for meeting my final goal weight is going to be a very large tattoo Can't wait. In the mean time I have a goal that I posted in challenges to get to onederland by my bday (Nov 1). Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I can tell I've come to the right place
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

I couldn't read your post and not reply .... I am new here too and delighted to be a part of this community. Best of luck with your journey
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

Congratulations on taking the first step and welcome to 3fc's...good luck with your journey
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello I'm new here too! It sounds like you're definitely making a change for the right reasons! Use those kids of yours, to keep your spirits up!

Good luck!
RoadtotheNewMe1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Shiloh...lovely name....welcome! I weigh a bit more than you, but am also a single mom, and was feeling lethargic and that I couldn't stand myself too....12 weeks ago. You must do what is best for you, and I salute you for having the courage to try, and for being brave enough to admit you need to change and for sharing all of that with us. None of us are perfect, and we all need the support of one another. This is a great site for instant, supportive feedback, encouragement, and motivation!

Personally, I chose Medifast (MF) on the recommendation of my doctor. He had lost 40 + pounds, and at age 50-something, was back in his wedding suit! He said his energy levels were through the roof, and by the way he was bouncing around the room and grinning like a goofy puppy, I believed him! After 11 weeks on the MF plan (beginning Week 12 now), I have lost a whopping 54 lbs.!!! Granted, I still have a ways to go, but I am about 1/3 of the way to reaching my goal....and I did it in 3 months!!! Now I am so excited over the very real possibility of losing 100 lbs. by summer's end! I have received so many compliments and have been called a plethora of pleasing adjectives like, "amazing," inspiring," "awesome," "wonderful," "fantastic," etc. Hey, before I never knew I had an inspirational atom in my body, so this is a real revelation for me!!!

Best wishes for success to you! If you want to look into MF, you can go to tsfl.com and check it out. Whatever you choose, I wish you well. We are all here for you, all in the same boat, padding persistently toward a life without limitations!!! Go, Shiloh, GO! You can do it!!!!

Sidanne

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #13  

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the encouragement
Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #14  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I can really relate to your post in a lot of ways.

I ALWAYS take my photos from an angle, to avoid the dreaded double chin. Kinda thought it was my own personal secret, like other people wont notice. Durr.

I thought I was disgusting in highschool and now would give anything to look that way again.

Also, I cannot fathom doing a restrictive diet/one that doesn't translate into real-world eating habits. I know a lot of people have had substantial success on programs such as those, and that is absolutely fantastic, but I want a lifestyle change in addition to dropping dress sizes. To do that, I need to not feel as though I'm missing out on something.

And finally, I just started eating fish again after years as a vegetarian OD-ing on cheese. Boy do I love cheese. I actually stopped keeping it around the house.

I am excited to see how your journey progresses. Best of luck and be sure to show us that tattoo when you get it!
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 AM   #15  

Thanks Tinneranne2, it definitely helps to know that I'm not the only one struggling (or doing unrealistic facebook poses lol). Good luck on your goals as well!