Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy someone help:(

hi guys I'm really glad I found this forum. I hope that it will help me get down to my goal.. I am 5'9" and I weigh 152.4 at the moment. I know that I am not obese, but I am very self conscious. I never go to any pool parties or the beach with my friends.. I try so hard to exercise but it doesn't seem to work for me. I tried cutting back on sodas/sweets/ etc but I just keep eating them. It's really hard for me to type this, I am really about to start crying. Is there anyone who could help me get through this? Is there a way to completely cut out cookies/ice cream/sodas etc from my eating habits? What should I do? Any advice will be appreciated...
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #2  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

I think that you are within a very healthy range for your height. Have you considered talking with anyone about how you feel about your body image? I just don't know that losing 20 more pounds (and putting yourself underweight) is going to solve how you see yourself or fix it. It sounds like it goes deeper. In any case welcome and I hope you find the support you need!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #3  

thanks so much for replying! I understand where you are coming from, maybe I am a little crazy by saying I want to get down to 130... But I deff don't have any disorders lol. I just hate my fat stomach and I really can't see myself wearing a bikini this season. I just need to get rid of the rolls on my stomach and some other places, thanks for replying again
Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

It's true you're within the healthy weight-range for your height, but it seems like what you mostly aren't happy with is how your body looks right now... this doesn't necessarily have much to do with weight.

Firstly, you might want to ignore the scale and instead start working out. Not just cardio, but you're a person who weight lifting could seriously benefit. Just like losing weight, not all changes are overnight. So you're likely going to have to work out for many months on a consistent basis in order to see results.

You should check out the Exercise section to get advice on weight lifting. It won't spot reduce, but down the road you might actually see that you have less of that flab you mentioned you hate.

Again it might not change your weight, but it could change the way your body looks all the same.

I hope you find what you're after =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 AM   #5  

@ Lovely

Yeah I am trying to explore, I am kind of new lol.
I did exercise alot in the past 6 months, I did indoor cycling, running on treadmil and alot of cardio. Nothing helped. I do agree that I need to do some weigh lifting, I just dont know where to start to get the results by August. I hate to hear that it will take me many months to get there though, I really hoped it wouldnt Thanks for your reply,much love
Old 06-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I know. I truly understand. I wish I could lose 100lbs by August. But we have to go into these changes with a level head and realistic expectations.

There are some great starter tips for weight lifting on the site, and people are very happy to answer questions. Cardio is great for the body, but it won't build muscle as well as strength training/weight lifting can.

Believe me, if you start now and stick with it, you'll see changes by the time August comes around. You may not be at goal, but you'll see changes. And if you DON'T start... then August will still be coming around either way.

You'll find a way to start and keep with it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/185/160

Height: 5' 7'

It sounds like you are being too hard on yourself girl. Give yourself a break, you are in a good weight range for your height. Maybe you just need to tone up a little. Also, whether you are trying to lose weight or not it is a good idea health wise to cut out refined sugars. Maybe try setting one goal at a time that way you wont feel overwhelmed.

Also, just because you don't have any serious disorders doesn't mean you can't benefit from talking to a professional about your goals. Anytime you start a weight loss routine it is a good idea to talk with your primary care doctor beforehand. I see a therapist to help me work through some of my issues. Even though I am not focusing on my weight loss when I am working one-on-one with my therapist it is helpful to deal with the other emotional stuff to keep me focused.
Jesscobedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #8  

Lovely- Ahh I wish it could all just go away by itself why is it so easy to gain and so hard to lose?! > I'm a sad panda..

Jesscobedo- I wish I could, but I don't have insurance at the moment=/ I am deff going to ask people more questions about exercising and diet on the website

thnx for replying guys it really means alot to me and you put me in a much better mood. Just set up the alarm clock to 8:30 tmrw going to wake up go running and do some exercise with weights that I have at home when I'm back.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #9  

Last edited by pointless2011; 06-08-2011 at 01:03 PM.