Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Ever think about what your first Grand Meal will be when you hit your goal??

Sometimes I think, mmmmm Pizza, maybe a nice steak/potato meal dining out with the hubster, ooooo, and what will my first cocktail be? Maybe a cruise,,,you know the food is incredible!!

Love to dream, as it always changes,,,keeps me going!

Last edited by BoxerFit; 05-31-2011 at 11:15 PM.
BoxerFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there =)

I can eat all that stuff now if I want in moderation. I realize some plans do not allow that, but I'm following WW.

Still, I don't actually have as many cravings for those things after changing most of my meals to wholesome filling foods.

I do know that when I reach goals I won't specifically be using food as a reward. I'll probably treat myself to the biggest clothes shopping trip in the history of mankind!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post

I do know that when I reach goals I won't specifically be using food as a reward. I'll probably treat myself to the biggest clothes shopping trip in the history of mankind!
I'm with you! New clothes will be the best part ;]
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #4  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I haven't thought of a meal reward at goal at all. I'm going to reward myself with non-food things: pedicure, new purse, hairstyle, jewelry, etc. My ultimate goal reward is undecided, but I'm thinking about a sea kayak or a mini-vacation.

I'm not doing this to reach a goal and stop; this is a lifelong change for me. I've already kicked my sugar addiction and have come to enjoy low fat, low carb, high fiber and protein foods.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #5  
Summertime is time for me

S/C/G: 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Yes. I have a beautiful sage green dress that I am going to wear to my favorite restaurant and eat my favorite meal of Salmon with coconut rice. The seafood sauce they pour over it is devine. But I will bring two thirds of it home and eat it for two more days.
This is the same meal I ate as my last dinner before I started MF. I told DH I would not eat out again until I lose all the weight.
I love that you can get large portions at restaurants ...but that's how I gained all this weight in the first place. My biggest problem was portion control.
101days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

A lovely kebab, with the salad and sauce. Mmmmm. And then for main course, beef curry and boiled rice and chips, and for dessert apple tart and ice cream, heated in the nuke/microwave! Mmmm. Sorry just had to rant about that! Alot of people say though that even though you talk about eating this and that when the time comes, you dont. You are so used to your routine and realise the hard work you put in to get to where you are. I am thinking of introducing a thing in my lifestyle where if I want to go for a few drinks, or a take out or fast food, I must first go to the gym and burn the calories and do the exercise to equal what I am going to eat/drink. guess I will see how it goes when I get there.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #7  

No special meal for me. I'm thinking about a new hair color (or highlights), piercing my naval (even if I'm the only one who sees it) and shopping for clothes every time I have a few dollars to spare to make up for all the years I could only look at the smaller sizes.
Emperess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Although I don't think I'll be rewarding myself with a final grand meal since I allow myself everything in small portions, and now and then...I guess I'll put this as, what would I eat if I were on death row :P

BBQ Baby Back Ribs, a bowl of pasta with home made pesto and pecorino romano cheese, a plate of Mee Krob, and baklava for dessert. Oh, and some chips and salsa to start.

With it, I'd drink an unsweetened mojito (I'm not fond of sugar in drinks at all), a bottle of Orangina, and one of the craft beers I keep in my fridge.
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

Honestly, by the time I reached my goal, the very last thing in the world I wanted to do was gorge myself on all the foods that got me fat in the first place! I'm with those who say that shopping for size 2 clothes is the best reward!
mlk58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk58 View Post
Honestly, by the time I reached my goal, the very last thing in the world I wanted to do was gorge myself on all the foods that got me fat in the first place! I'm with those who say that shopping for size 2 clothes is the best reward!
I agree with this philosophy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #11  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

I don't plan on a food reward. That is exactly the kind of thinking that has made me have to do this over so many times.

But I'll play, I like the way doopdoop put it lol - what would my death row meal be....

I'd want some Cajun Chicken Pasta, garlic bread, a Superior Platter from Superior Grill (beef taco, chicken and steak enchilada) and two 64 ounce White Russian daiguiris. And **** yes, I could eat all that.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/287/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will gladly take a new, smaller, wardrobe over any choice of food when I get to my goal weight.
Kaylasoarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #13  

So you want to gain it all back and start again? When you reach goal, you continue to eat exactly the same foods as when you were losing only in a little larger portions.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #14  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

I eat everything in moderation now, so the need for a celebratory meal will not be necessary plus this way of thinking just sets you up to gain the weight back, my celebration will be new clothes in "normal" size no more plus or xxx's
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #15  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I have been eating things I really like all along. I'm a good cook, and a well-traveled food snob too, so the opportunity to eat something wonderful is easy to get to. I think instead of just a particular food, I want an experience to celebrate what all my time and effort bought me...

I would love to put on a lovely dress with elegant accessories and have a delicious dinner with my best friend on the Venice-Simplom Orient Express.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote