Petite lady looking to lose 20 pounds

• Hi all

I am 5'1 and 130 lbs. 20 years old. My goal weight is 110 but 105 would be nice.

Health is extremely important to me, due to the fact that the majority of my family members (on both sides) are obese and have health issues related to their weight. Because of my genes, I have to work extra hard at watching what I eat and making sure I do more exercise than walking through the hallways at my work.

Lately I've been trying hard to cut out the excessive amounts of snack food (pretzels, fruit snacks, crackers, etc). I also have been working out at least 3 times a week these past couple weeks. But I need to amp it up.

I feel excited about being healthy. Exercise and good food helps with my overall mental state, too...
  • Welcome and good luck !
  • Good job on your changes so far =)

We're all here to get a little healthier. There's a section for 20-year-olds and an area for Featherweights, too.

Look around. Post wherever you're comfortable. Best of wishes!
  • I have pretty similar stats as you. 5'2.5, 131 lbs although my goal is 119. Im 21 years old...
    my main goal is really to just be okay with my body and lead a healthy lifestyle.
    @lovely, how do I find the section for 20-year-olds and Featherweights? Im sorta new here...
  • im about the same as you all. what kinda exercising are you all doing and what are yall eating. im pretty busy, as im sure you all are. how do u find the time to prepare meals and grab lunch without it being fast food?
  • Quote: @lovely, how do I find the section for 20-year-olds and Featherweights? Im sorta new here...
    We were all new here once!

Under the Support Groups section there are list of various groups for people with things in common. If you click that you'll see that there are groups based on weight needed to lose and some for the ages of people, as well.

This link should help: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/
  • Thanks Lovely for helping out with us newbies!