3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello - Yay! A Message Board! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/232103-hello-yay-message-board.html)

YoYoKimmy 04-29-2011 01:23 AM

Hello - Yay! A Message Board!

Hi everyone! I am so happy to find a message board for diet support! My name is Kim, I'm 44 and having a terrible time with my weight. I am going through full blown early menopause and it is causing the weight to stick to me like glue! I can't seem to win for losing so to speak. Even when i eat small and healthy, the weight stays. And the hot flashes are so severe that it prevents me from being able to work out. :( I am struggling also with depression and taking medication for that. I was always thin until middle age. I can't break this cycle I'm in! I need help! I think this site is exactly what I need! So happy I found it!

NEMom 04-29-2011 11:11 AM

Welcome! Welcome! You will find great support here! Best of luck on your weight loss journey.

YoYoKimmy 04-29-2011 11:50 AM

Thank you so much!

konfyoozed 04-29-2011 02:09 PM

the title of your thread is pretty much how i felt when i found this place too :) you will be amazed by the amount of support and advice you can get from the awesome people here. :)

welcome and good luck!

bandarina 04-30-2011 01:59 PM

Welcome to this awesome message board!

YoYoKimmy 04-30-2011 02:43 PM

Thank you! Thank you! I am so happy to be here!

Liliann 04-30-2011 04:30 PM

:welcome: Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!! :)

YoYoKimmy 05-01-2011 09:32 PM

Thank you! :)

kendallsmommy10 05-01-2011 10:30 PM

hi everyone! my name is shannon. im 26 and STUCK at this weight!! ive been 289lbs for the past year! no lie the scale doesnt budge. I have 3 children and gained more and more weight with all of them. the last one was a c-section just last march. Ive struggled with my weight all my life but have never been REALLY heavy until after the birth of my first child. I have never stuck to any diet more then 2 days and i hate to exercise. I just recently broke it off with the father of my 1 year old and i just want to make myself feel, and look better and be healthier- but making him HURT when he sees me doesnt bother me one bit ;)
Id REALLY like to meet some people in the same boat and look forward to new friends and motivators!!

guacamole 05-02-2011 11:34 AM

@YoYoKimmy: I love your name! I completely understand. I am 41, and was thin until my mid thirties. I am not going through menopause yet, but there are changes starting. It's a vicious cycle because the more weight I carry on my frame (which is too small for all of these pounds) the less energy I have to move! A day on my feet is a killer....by the end of the day my back is in agony, my feet are killing me, my lower legs are swollen. It's kind of like being permanently 9 months pregnant. So I choose to sit or stay in bed whenever I have a chance to lie down. Of course - that doesn't help my weight problem. So my weight stays the same or creeps up and the farther away I get from being able to exercise and lose pounds.